Chapter 19

After about half an hour later Kakashi came back home. On his way back he had many thoughts piling upon his mind, this was a big step to take, since proposals are profoundly emotional experiences, because choosing to spend the rest of your life with someone is a big deal. Kakashi knew that the plan to ask Yamato this one easy but yet so meaningful question was perfect, but still, his biggest fear was not being rejected, because he knew how much Yamato loved him, but the idea of him saying that he was not ready yet and it would've been too early.

Kakashi got to the building, went up to the 5th floor, and opened the door -"I'm home!"- he took off his jacket in which he had the little box hidden and hung it on the wall. Shortly went into the kitchen, where he saw Yamato sitting at the table and enjoying his meal.

-"did you buy what you wanted?"- Yamato asked

-"uhh...n-no, not...everything"-Kakashi replied and placed the bags onto the counter, facing his back to Yamato, in an attempt to hide his nervousness, and started to unpack bags.

Yamato of course noticed Kakashi acting a little strange –"are you okay?"

-"Just calm down..."- Kakashi exhaled and turned around –"yeah, why?"-he said with a smile, completely hiding any marks of being nervous.

-"I mean... You don't usually stutter"-Yamato shrugged his shoulders

Kakashi chuckled, Yamato knew him too well –"I just had something on my mind"

-"like what?"

-"well... I was actually thinking if eating ramen daily could kill you or not?"

-"such a philosophical question!"- Yamato said sarcastically –"I think that there is a possibility, but judging by the live example that we have in our village...I don't know, what to say anymore"-he said and chuckled.

-"yeah..."

Yamato took the last sip of his drink and set the mug on the table –"can't wait till tomorrow"- he started –"since it's my first firework festival with you and I'm just so happy about it" –Yamato cupped his own face and started to grin from ear to ear.

Kakashi went to Yamato and hugged him from behind–"It'll be amazing, I promise"-he said and placed a soft kiss onto Yamato's head –"at least I'll try to make it amazing, just for you"- he added in his mind.

The rest of their day both of them spent at home. It was quite impressive how Kakashi wasn't showing any kind of signs, how nervous he actually was, it was eating him up from the inside, but no way in hell he would let Yamato suspect anything.

Right now Yamato was sitting on the couch and Kakashi was laying down, with his head on Yamato's lap. Both of them reading.

Time passed, it was already late at night.

-"Hey, should we go *yawns* to sleep"- Yamato asked as he placed the book on the couch next to him and stretched his arms up in the air. -"Sure, I'm sleepy as well"- Kakashi lifted his head up from Yamato's lap and got up. He grabbed his lover's hand and led them both to a bedroom.

Shortly after, both of them were laying down, covered with warm blankets. Kakashi was big spooning Yamato, who fell asleep immediately, but Kakashi couldn't sleep, he was thinking about tomorrow, while looking down at Yamato and playing with his hair.

-"Tenzo..."- Kakashi started talking, He was fully aware Yamato was sleeping and knew it was safe to let those emotions out –"I almost know what I'm supposed to do, but... how and what way am I suppose to do this, ...that I don't know, or what should I say...doing it sounds so easy and yet it really is not. It's almost like from that book I was just reading where the main character gambled on something and was waiting if it'd turn out good or bad"- he continued to play with Yamato's hair –"but you know what? You're worth it. I just love you so very much"- Kakashi kissed Yamato on the cheek, hugged him tightly, and shortly after fell asleep as well.