Chapter 28 - Aobajousai Pt 2

Just as I had read Rei's warning, I saw a figure in my peripheral vision and stopped in my tracks.

A bead of sweat rolled down my forehead as I stood in my place.

"Looks like it's a bit too late for that..."

"Hm? You're...", Oikawa spoke in realisation, tilting his head slightly to the side.

In front of me stood Aoba's captain. The very one that was supposed to be heading towards the canteen. So why the heck is he here?!

I pulled up my mask a bit higher to try to cover up more of my face and gave him a small bow. I was soon snapped out of an onset of panicked thoughts when I heard another set of approaching footsteps from around the corner.

"Shit... Rei mentioned that he was with someone too"

"Oikawa-san, why do I need to follow you to the bathroom?", Kunimi sighed, however, still wearing a poker face.

He stopped and noticed me standing in front of Oikawa, then looked back and forth between us.

"Your girlfriend?", Kunimi asked bluntly.

"What's with me being everyone's girlfriend?", I mentally ticked but didn't say anything, "Wait, bathroom? I swear I just fucking came from that way"

"I haven't seen her before. She was there at our practice in the morning, but...", Oikawa paused, "I wouldn't mind if she was my girlfriend though~", he winked at me.

I visibly took half a step back.

"He reminds me of Kuroo, but in a way, this guy's ten times worse"

"TRASHYKAWA YOU PIECE OF SHIT", Iwaizumi's voice echoed loudly across the corridor as he sprinted through.

"Oh, Iwa-chan! Are you going to the bathroom too-", Oikawa began but was cut off by Iwaizumi punching him on his head.

"OW! What was that for?! THAT HURTS A LOT YOU KNOW", he cried comical tears while holding the spot where he was hit.

"Why don't you stop harassing random people!", Iwaizumi retorted angrily before turning to me and immediately bowed, "I'm sorry if he did anything to you", he spoke normally, then raising his head to meet my eyes. As his eyes met mine, a small blush crept across his face.

"You big meanie, Iwa-chan. Complaining that I was harassing her and now you're here blushing while staring into her eyes", Oikawa folded his arms and pouted.

"WHA- I'M NOT!", Iwaizumi countered and raised his fist, about to hit him a second time.

While that was going down, I stood there unsure of whether I should just leave or stay. Even though I was wearing a mask and fake glasses, it still wouldn't help in concealing my identity if they're this up close. 

I found myself diverting my attention to the quieter boy that was with them.

"Crap, I don't remember his name... Kusuo? Wait, that doesn't sound right"

I must've spent too long looking in his direction as he noticed my gaze and averted his eyes from the duo to me.

"...Hello", I managed to speak out in a higher-pitched, soft tone to conceal my voice and awkwardly bowed.

"Hello", he responded and returned a small bow, his indifferent face somewhat softening to one lesser in annoyance.