Chapter 20 - Student A

*ding ding ding*

"Alright, before everyone leaves for lunch, I am going to hand out your math paper results", the teacher announced, grabbing a stack of papers from her desk.

The class burst into murmurs, discussing about how they thought they went in the exam.

"Crap, I definitely failed!"

"Argh! I should have studied more for that test"

"Pfft I'm sure I passed, no problem"

"You are dismissed once you get your paper back. Don't forget, to those who did not pass, you will be required to take the supplementary test during the holidays", the teacher stated and began walking towards the student desks.

As the teacher walked by, she handed out the paper to each respective student. Upon seeing their result, there were either wails of despair or sighs of relief echoing throughout the classroom.

Then there was me - mentally suffering.

"I'm going to get an earful from Rei if he sees that I didn't get an A", I blankly stared at the 79 written at the top of my paper, "WELL IT'S CLOSE ENOUGH"

"Rumiya-san! How did you go?", a girl beamed at me, clutching her exam paper in her hands.

"It's that Kuroo fangirl from last time... why is she talking to me?"

She continued to look at me with expectant eyes, waiting for my response.

"Uh, I wasn't aware that we were friends or anything. Shit, what was her name? I'll just have to avoid a situation where I need to use her name"

"'Student A' can be a placeholder for her for now".

"Well, I did alright I guess", I finally answered.

"Show me, show me!", she giggled and ran behind me to grab my paper.

Of course, my slow ass did not react in time, so my paper was taken away from me.

"79? That's so good!", Student A smiled at me, "I'll show you mine too in exchange!"

"That's oka-", I began but was cut short by her shoving her test result in my face.

"Bitch, she got 100 and is saying my 79 is "so good"", I cried internally.

"You seem to be pretty good at maths if you got 100", I praised her.

"I'm not that good, hahaha", she laughed sheepishly, "But I think maths is so fun!".

"oH hell no I am not going to get into a conversation about maths"

"Hey, sorry but I gotta go somewhere", I interrupted her before she could go any deeper in her math tangent.

"Oh, are you going to the cafeteria? Let's go together! I'll introduce you to my group hehe", she offered.

"Socialising at school everyday? No thanks, I have enough names to remember as it is"

Before I give Student A a reply, a voice called out from the classroom door.

"Come on! Let's go eat already!"

"I'll be coming soon!", Student A replied back, "Let's go Rumiya-san! We can talk more about the Nekoma volleyball boys! AHHH, just thinking about Kuroo-senpai is making me melt <3"

"NO THANK YOU", I jumped slightly at her sudden shift to fangirl mode, "Uh, I'm busy, sorry!".

With that, I rushed out of the classroom after stuffing my exam back into my bag and grabbing my phone, and headed towards the bathroom.