Chapter 21 - Updates

*huff huff huff*

After a long chase running away from Student A, I finally approached Karasuno's gates, dragging my feet very slowly along the pavement. 

"Since Coach and Takeda-san can vouch for me, I'm glad that I don't need to get a visitor's pass every time I come here. That would be a huge pain in the ass"

Looking back over my shoulder, it seemed that Student A most likely branched off somewhere during the middle of the chase to get to wherever she needed to be.

I walked past a few remaining students scattered by both the entrance and in the schoolyard, still lingering and chatting to their friends. Some looked at me with curious looks, mainly due to the fact that I was in my own school's uniform, but they quickly resumed their own business after a glance or two and followed by a few whispers.

"I should just buy a pair of Karasuno's uniform for myself so I won't need to be stared at as if I was some exhibit...", I groaned.

The gym doors drew closer and closer, until I could hear the faint sound of volleyballs making contact with the ground.

Walking through the doors, I was immediately noticed by Yachi.

"Ah, Lily-chan is here!"

Tanaka and Nishinoya's heads swung around almost instantaneously. Surprisingly, their necks are still intact from that force.

"Yo, Lily. Good to have you here", Coach Ukai greeted me, raising a hand.

I simply nodded and replied with, "Hey", and raised my hand as well.

"Welcome back, Lily!!", Hinata bounced on the spot up and down, wearing a huge smile on his face.

"W-welcome back", Kageyama bowed slightly, still holding a volleyball in his hands.

I couldn't help but let a smile escape after seeing the tangerine and blueberry welcoming me.

"Yeah, I'm back"

Both Tanaka and Nishinoya slid over to the entrance, landing on their knees.

"WE WELCOME THEE QUEEN TO OUR QUARTERS ONCE AGAIN", Tanaka began his comedic skit.

"YOU LOOK MESMERISING IN YOUR SCHOOL UNIFORM AS USUAL", Nishinoya added, his eyes sparkling.

I stood there, unsure of how to respond, and ended up only giving them a nod of acknowledgement before walking over to Kiyoko.

"The queen acknowledged our presence!!", the two gasped.

"Good to see you, Kiyoko", I greeted.

After nodding her head in response, she looked at me curiously.

"You seem a little out of breath. Is everything okay?", she questioned, noticing my irregular breathing pattern.

"I was chased by a crazy, Tetsurou-loving classmate so I therefore had to escape ASAP unless I wanted to be eaten alive"

"Yeah, I should definitely word that differently"

"Well... I had a... motive to walk faster than usual", I explained briefly, scratching my cheek.

Kiyoko appeared to have picked up the sense that I did not want to go into any more detail, and nodded in understanding.

"A word of advice, it's best to just ignore them", Kiyoko stated and pointed to Tanaka and Nishinoya without looking over at them.