Chapter 30 - Well that Went Well

Y'all don't understand how happy I felt posting that last chapter and knowing every single person (well your usernames-) who commented/liked😭💖 ILY ALL SM

''''

*ding*

From: Tetsurou

                 heyyy we're still up for that food date today right? I'm not gonna get stood up?

To: Tetsurou

                of course, wouldn't say no to free food

From: Tetsurou

             so youre saying all I need to do is offer you free food for more dates? ;)

From: Tetsurou

             aw no reply? don't worry I was just joking, see you soonnn

/Fukurodani - Temporary Practice Area/

"Huh? You're leaving already?", Bokuto asked as he picked up the stray volleyball from the ground and looked at you.

Hearing those words, the other members of the team stopped for a brief moment and glanced at me, although they quickly resumed their activity. I didn't speak much during their practice, since I was still under the guise of a fan wanting to see how their favourite team practises, nor did many members come up to me to chat, apart from Bokuto who always seemed to have something to say, as well as Akaashi coming to apologise for his noisiness and dragging him back to focus. The team seemed to be intent on coming out on top as the best group in the training camp. It was in less than 2 weeks after all.

"Komaki?"

"Oh! Sorry Bokuto-san, I spaced out for a bit there", I spoke sweetly, fidgeting with the mask I was wearing and pulled it up higher than it already was from my nose.

"No problem! I guess it is a bit boring for you to just sit there the whole time", he let out a few laughs.

"No, no. I understand that you guys need to focus on practising for the training camp"

As soon as I finished my sentence, Akaashi's eyes narrowed and stared right at me.

"Apologies, but I must ask you to leave for today", Akaashi stated firmly as he walked over to me.

I noticed his sudden change in attitude compared to when I had first met him in the alley with Bokuto. The change was very subtle. He spoke just as politely as any other time, however with that statement, there was just a faint hint of another emotion.

Suspicion.

It had caught me off-guard. I was unsure as to how to respond, as my mind was running with various thoughts, and ended up internally panicking.

"Woah, what's the rush, Akaashi? She was just about to leave anyway", Bokuto spoke up calmly, placing a hand on Akaashi's shoulder.