The Immortal Compendium

Glossary

Citadel

The capital city of Gehenna.

Elysia

The capital city of Ascension.

Clan

Groups of Demons that live together and are loyal to each other. Often Clans are composed of one sole species and are led by a Clan Leader.

Mate

The term for an immortal's romantic partner. Decided by fate, a mate or soulmate is the other half of one's soul and impossible to resist once found.

Legionnaire

A soldier in the Demonic army.

Legion

A group of twenty Legionnaires as a single fighting force.

Lieutenant

The leader of a Legion.

Commander

A Demon whose loyalty has been proven, whose power is unquestionable and whose actions have benefited the Demonic race. They control many Legions underneath the command of the King and his Second.

Second

A Demon who is second only in power to the King.

Lord of Gehenna

An Archdemon who controls a vast territory of Gehenna under the purview of the King.

Seraph Knight

A soldier in the Seraphic army

Seraphim

A more powerful Seraph Knight, and the next in the chain of command.

Seraphite

Extremely powerful Seraph Knights, second only to the Archangel.

Demonfire

A deep, dark purple flame that many Demons can wield.

Angelfire

A light blue flame that many Seraph can wield.

The Horde

The only clan of Vampyrs in Gehenna. They control a vast area of territory and are ruled by a powerful Vampyr named Dante.

Prime Alpha

The leader over all Lycan clans.

Familiar

An immortal creature that attaches itself to one master for life.

Matriarch

The leader of all Harpy's. A Matriarch is treated like a deity by her people.

Demonology

Archdemon

The Archdemon is a species solely reserved for those born or turned by Royal blood. With large leathery wings tipped with talons, blood red skin, dark almost-black horns and a near infinite store of power, these Demons are not to be underestimated or trifled with.

Hellspawn

Hellspawn Demons make up over half the population of Gehenna. Their initial appearance may seem to be facsimile to Archdemons, but their lack of wings, lighter skin, smaller horns and general low power set them apart.

Umbter

These agile and illusive Demons are rarely seen outside of their Clans, choosing to strengthen their species through strong familial ties. They have ashen skin, black horns and a prehensile tail.