Chapter 25

Perci stood between Lucan and Abaddon with Lillith, Zagan and Valefar on a separate webcam in the conference room as the other Commanders all over the world signed on to the video call. When at last Orion joined looking like he'd just rolled out of bed, Lucan folded his arms and began to speak.

"I'm sure by now you've received the vials of blood I had sent to you."

"And the suspense has been killing me on what you expect us to do with it." Charun said, running a hand through his wet hair as he sat in front of a large fireplace.

"Are your locations secure?" Abaddon asked.

"Of course." Multiple Commanders said at once.

Lucan looked down at Perci and smiled encouragingly whilst placing his warm hand on the nape of her neck. She'd spent the past five days coming to terms with the new information she'd been given and knowing she could do nothing with it. She didn't want to know who her parents were and had no intention of seeking out any more snippets of her past. She only wanted to look forward, which meant jumping back into the war. With that in mind, she schooled her features and took a deep, fortifying breath.

"So it turns out one of my parents was or is a seraph." She let her words sink in, "the blood you have there is mine. We discovered that combined with a healing serum it can bring a demon back from feralism and prevent it from happening in the first place."

A few eyes widened as silence reigned for a spell.

"This is how you came back so quickly?" Barbas finally asked.

"Yes, I attacked her-" When fire danced in Lucan's eyes, Perci grabbed his hand and squeezed gently. "Let's just say we have no doubts. Abaddon can attest that after I came back to myself we tested the theory that I was now immune to feralism induced by seraph magic."

"So you want us to drink our Queen's blood to become immune as you are." Phenex stated as he held up his vial to the light.

Before anyone could say anything more, Samael popped the cork on his vial and upended the content into his mouth without hesitation. Afterwards, he licked his lips in an exaggerated manner and grinned.

"Mmm, tasty." He commented and instantly Lucan growled low and vicious whilst heat filled Perci's cheeks.

"Samael, was that really necessary?" Lillith shook her head exasperated, "You'll have to rotate back to Undercity some day."

Samael continued to grin and laughed before signing off abruptly.

"He's going to get himself killed." Malphas sighed.

"You all know what you need to do, I'll be in touch soon." Lucan growled out, and tossed Perci over his shoulder. Squealing, Perci gripped Lucan's waist and cast a mortified glance at the Commanders who were watching with various shades of humour on their faces.

"Lucan, put me down!" She said weakly as his hand slid up to grip her upper thigh. A rumbling sound vibrating against her legs was all she got in reply. "He didn't mean anything by it, he was just trying to wind you up."

The world righted itself again and dizziness prevailed until she found herself slammed up against a wall with her wrists loosely shackled above her head.

"Samael is an incubus. An incubus with a wild disregard for his life and penchant for trouble. He definitely meant everything he said and did." Perci could sense her mate spiralling into another pointless territorial state.

"I only see you." She nuzzled her nose against his and suddenly her wrists were freed as his strong arms encircled her body. Sensing the danger was over, she smiled and pecked him on the lips.