Ch.22

Ch.22

Keeping my cool, I stared at her as if she had said nothing.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't act stupid, we both know that you're the rightful Queen of the Riders." She said, smirking as if she had me.

"I could easily deny it."

"Tsk tsk tsk. Katya, do you remember that portrait your family had paid for before your parents got tired of you and sent you to your uncle's?" I faintly remembered and groaned, knowing where she was going with this. "The girl in the picture looks a lot like you, which can make a person wonder."

"I don't care."

"You'll care when Anya and James are dead. You'll be responsible." She snapped, her voice becoming menacing.

"Why can't you just ask Mason to step down?" I suggested.

"Don't ask me questions. We have you right where we want you and you will kill Mason." Pressing a paper into my hand, She backed away. "Meet me at this address two days from now with his head."

Before I could even get a word out, she was gone, leaving me with a Rider address that was quite close to the palace. Sighing, I got back on my horse, running scenarios over in my head, trying to find the best one.

Arriving back at the palace, Mason was awake, eating breakfast. Jumping on the bed with a sigh, I screamed into a pillow.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Brandy, don't lie to me. I know something is wrong."

"I'm on my period." I lied, wanting him to shut up and back off.

And it worked. Point for Mother Nature.

But it didn't last long. Almost two minutes later, he rolled me onto my stomach, his body hovering over mine. Focusing on my breathing, I felt my breath catch when he slowly ran his finger down my arm.

"You're tense." He noted, massaging my shoulders. Pressing his fingers into my flesh, I moaned in pleasure, believing him when he said I was tense.

"You should do this more often." I mumbled, my eyes slowly closing.

"Yes we should." He whispered back.

Suddenly his lips were on my jaw, trailing up and down kisses, sending shots of passion through my body. Tired of not being able to really touch him, I pushed him away quickly and flipped over, pushing him down. Having him pinned on he bed, I ripped off his shirt effortlessly, needing us to be closer. Tugging at his pants, he grabbed my hands, looking directly at me.