Ch.29

Ch.29
Shaking my hair out of the pins and clips, I stepped out of the bathroom and wrapped a towel around my naked body. I knew that I should wait for the servants to dress me, but that was all formality.
I didn't mind people seeing me naked since it was only normal for a queen to be pampered by her subjects. But now it felt foreign. The whole ordeal really. I felt as though I was looking at the world with a whole new lens and everything was unfocused.
"Katya," David mumbled, his fingers trickling down my arm. "You taunt me with your skin." He said, nipping at my neck.
"I didn't notice your arrival." I mumbled in reply, my body not accustomed to the way her held me. He was firm; not gentle as Mason was.
"I hope you enjoy my company." He chuckled, twirling a lock of my hair between his thumb and index finger. "What will you be wearing?"
"I'm not sure. I'm debating between the blue and green dress." I explained, gesturing to the two very beautiful dresses on my queen size bed.
"No worries." He announced, plopping a large box in front of me. "Open it."
Furrowing my brows, I opened the package, gasping when I saw what it held. "David, you didn't have to do that." I assured him, not wanting to seem like a spoiled brat.
"I'll be delighted when I see you at the party in my dress." He said before he placed a firm kiss on my lips. "See you in a little while."
Frozen, I stared at the door as if held some sort of secret of how I got into this mess. In that small moment, I missed my uncle and how structured he made my life. But now it was in shambles.
Sighing, I ran my fingers against the lace and picked up the solid gold flower belt. Dropping the towel, I slipped into the red under dress and finally the lace dress itself, admiring myself in the mirror.
I could deny my anxiousness, but somehow thinking about David made the butterflies in my stomach subside. Just his whole calm demeanor made me calm within my own skin even when I wanted to rip my skin off until there was nothing else holding me together.
Shaking those thoughts out of my head, I gently placed a tiara on my head, not needing to wear my crown for this particular party.
Arriving at the party, David stood outside the door, waiting for me. As he spoke to one of the servants, he smiled my way resulting in a fluttering in my stomach.
"Make sure that they don't do anything stupid." He ordered the servant who glanced at me nervously.
Once the servant was gone, his hand was immediately on my waist, guiding me through the now open door.
Everyone in the hall stopped what they were doing and bowed as we passed to get to the thrones at the north side of the room. As I sat down, my back completely straight, I gazed amongst the crowd, not surprised when I saw Mason and Anya in the corner, dressed to serve the nobility.
"Ignore them. Tonight we're going to party as the anarchists do." David whispered as he took my hand.
As he helped me out of my throne, the dress began to transform into a tight fitting black pant and top that felt like a second breathable skin.
Looking at him strangely, the music morphed into a remix of classical with a lot more bass involved.
Spinning me around, he chuckled when I cartwheeled away, a small giggle escaping my mouth. Stopping at the end of the room, I rolled my eyes when I saw him gesturing for me to come, his energy wrapping around me in a more than sexual way.
Once we were millimeters apart, I ran my hands down his chest and bent back slowly, my eyes completely closed. Pulling me back, I smirked as his hands moved to my waist, our bodies molded together without any part not touching.
"You're beautiful." He mumbled, his eyes glazed over with lust.
"You're not so bad yourself." I laughed, twirling his beautiful brown locks in between my fingers as he usually did with me.
"I'm glad I could make you laugh." He admitted, his smile revealing small dimples on his cheeks.
"I didn't know I still could." I muttered, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck. I loved the way he smelled. It was like a mixture of outdoors and manliness. I couldn't put my finger on it, but the smell just made my knees want to buckle.
As the song changed to something slower, yet still sexually charged enough to be recognized as Rideran.
"Excuse my You Majesty, but there are two people who request an audience with you at this very moment." One of the ushers said, keeping his eyes downcast as he spoke to me.
David sighed and pulled me to him. "Can't you meet with them later? I have plans for us tonight." He mumbled, nipping at my ear.
Although I wanted to give in to his sexual antics, I agreed to the request, making my way past Mason, up to my throne. As the doors opened, I tore my eyes away from David to see Kevin next to me, his eyes glued to the people at the door. Following his line of vision, I froze, my mind flipping out at what I saw.
"Honey bear!" The woman yelled, a drunken smile plastered on her face. "Greet your mama!"