Ch.15

Ch.15
"Shit."

Before me, Mason was on his knees, held in place by Kevin's energy. Kevin was sitting comfortably on Mason's throne, a smug smile plastered on his face.

"I see you've finally learned how to control your magic." I said, my face and voice completely emotionless.

Tossing the axe aside, I realized that this fight would only be fought with energy.

"I always have, but you never gave me the time of day."

"That was probably because you weren't worth my time."

"Brandy, you should leave." Mason choked out.

"Shut up. This is a conversation between two civilized people." Kevin snapped.

"Just leave him alone Kevin. This is between you and me; don't bring him into this." I begged, definitely not wanting Mason dead. "We can talk outside."

I guess that wasn't the thing to say because I was suddenly pinned to the wall, my limbs unable to move. "Real mature." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.
"I'm the boss here! You're not allowed to tell me anything! You screwed me over, but I'm gonna get my revenge."
"What is that going to do? You're going to ruin our people! This is wrong and you know it."

"These Sedentians have softened you. But I don't mind; I want to see you fail."

"I'm sorry, but I believe that you're the failure." I snapped, irritated by the audacity of my brother.

Suddenly, I was dropped from the wall and pain shot up my injured leg.

"Bastard." I growled when I saw the smile playing on his lips. "Let Mason go and we'll talk. I'll listen to you...okay?" It was imperative that I disarmed his anger quickly or else Mason was dead.

"I swear I won't do anything. I would never hurt you."

For a moment I thought he was going to try and kill me, but a strange calmness flew over his face. Nodding he released his hold on Mason, kicking him forward.

Once Mason reached where I was, he stopped, glancing at me in his peripheral. "I can't leave you here with this maniac. He'll kill you."

"I'll be fine. We just need to talk."

"Just," he paused, his fingers capturing mine. "Don't die before we can have intercourse. I'm counting on that."

Rolling my eyes, I chuckled and watched as he left. Once the door closed, I was back to my old self.

"Fucking the Sedentian King? You really are damaged."

Pursing my lips, I walked closer to where he was and sat down cross cross apple sauce on the floor. We stared at each other for a while. He looked rugged, his eyes wild as he gazed upon my face. I hated how much we looked alike in that moment. I wished we were two strangers who hated each other; it would've been so much easier than having a twin who wanted you dead.

"Remember when you used to read me legends from that story book you stole form a girl at school? When you would hold me until I fell asleep." I asked, hoping that there was one sliver of hope for our fragile bond.

"Yes I fucking remember. You used to cry every time you were supposed to go to bed. Then you would try to stab me with a pencil and then sob. I would get punished every time I helped or comforted you." He spat, rubbing his chest where our father had burned his skin multiple times. "I also remember when Uncle Theo took away my birthright to give to you because you didn't have a problem fucking a man twenty years older than you!"

Springing up, I was in front of him in a matter of seconds. "I am truly sorry that you feel that way because you're my twin and you mean a lot to me, but you're making it pretty damn hard!"

He scoffed, shooting me with glares. "Well don't do me any favors!"

"You're belittling what I had to endure with our father for years! It's not my fault that our family is fucked up. Uncle Theo gave me the throne and I hate that that was taken away from you. But from what I can tell, it was the right decision." I whispered loudly, not needing Mason to hear.

"Maybe if you didn't take it in the beginning I would have better leadership and strategy skills. You got the best deal."

"How the hell is being mentally and physically abused a 'good deal'?" I shouted, enraged by his little concern for how I felt. "I still have pain and PTSD episodes from what they did to me! That was not part of what he advertised."

Silence fell over us, along with the tension. It was disgusting how unconcerned he was. If he was ever hurt like that, I would kill the person who did it. Instead he obviously didn't give a shit about me.

"You make excuses for what you've done. You need to be the victim to keep your sanity. But you can't keep doing that because one day your little fantasy with Mr. Sedentian King will be over and reality will crash down on you. You'll finally realize how fucking demented you are."

I had no response to that. It was impossible to imagine me as a weak, needing to be a victim type of person. Sure torturing people helped be forget about all of my problems, but I had always prided myself by being strong and resourceful.

"Just leave me alone. You've made your point clear...I'm dead to you." I stated, my face devoid of emotion. "Well then I guess, I can kill you now."

Reaching inside me, I lashed out with my energy, wanting to prolong his pain and humility. Slamming him on the floor, I grabbed a fist full of his hair and smashed his skull against the marble flooring.

"I hate you!" I screamed continuously until he was too weak to move or use his energy. "I wish I never knew you." I growled, stepping back.

"That would make it easier...wouldn't it?" He chuckled coldly and leaned forward, his chin sticking out. "When you need my help because these monsters are hurting you, don't call me. Instead call your little scandalous lover. Kill the citizens that looked at you for guidance for all care. But don't throw a hissy fit when they revolt."

Before I could even reply, his body dissolved, leaving me with a fist full of nothing.