Ch.3

Ch.3

Ignoring the burning pain in my groin and back, I leaned forward, urging the horse to move faster as we passed through rough terrain. And by rough terrain, I mean rough, as in valleys and steep hills. And to add on to this craziness, may I mention that I was a queen in the middle of unclaimed land, mostly inhabited by vandals and anarchists?

Noticing that the others were slowing down as we began to enter Sedent territory (which I was mildly glad of), I mirrored their actions. Standing before us was the Outer Wall of Sedent. It ran around the perimeter of their kingdom, which made sense since the ancient Riders were known for encroaching on their land without their approval. They said that our kind would burn them from the inside out if they didn't control how many came into their precious kingdom.

Stopping at the main gate, one of the guards that stood guard stepped forward and asked for our papers.

"Greetings, we have to request to enter into Sedent territory to visit the city of Arboris." I stated in the most confident voice I had.

The guard gave me a once over, a pervy gleam in his eyes when he stopped at my chest. I knew I shouldn't have worn a corset.

"She look suspicious. Its policy to give her a pat down for any harmful substances." He grinned, stepping toward me, making the soldiers that I had brought with me, on edge.

Shaking my head, I kept my breathing normal as I felt the strange man feeling me up. And they prided themselves with their politeness and gratitude. This was way more gratitude than I asked for.

Once he finished getting his kicks from feeling me up, he let us through after stamping the passports that I had acquired from one of the prisoners I had in basement that had been caught for counterfeiting.

Galloping through the inner gate, I glanced over the two men I brought with me and told took the lead, getting off my horse before tying her to a post, immediately walking into the musty smelling tavern.

I hated places like this; my brother had always gotten in trouble in these places until I recommended him to the Huntsmen, finally getting him out of trouble. Sure I had had my share of alcohol when I was younger and overwhelmed by my uncle's tactics and loss of support from my only sibling. It was when I had absolutely no one in my corner.

Stepping up to the bar, I shrugged off my cloak, revealing the most revealing dress I had ever worn (also the only dress I had ever worn). With a deep V-neck I caught the bartender's attention instantly. But it could've been how the dress molded to my body, made of sheer with my corset and panties the only thing to be seen by those around.

"What are you doing in her, pretty lady? Lose your way to your husband's house?" He laughed, a smll smile forming on his face.

"No actually, I would like to work for you." I stated as charmingly as I could.

The man grinned, gesturing to all the girls behind me that were bussing tables. "What makes you so special?"

"These girls don't have motivation, while I do. I need money and I need it fast." I stated, smirking. "Besides, I know that you're interested in what I have to offer."

He raised a brow, still silent, actually considering my proposal. After an agonizing moment he caved, shoving two drinks in my face, telling me to give them to the men in the corner.

Walking over, I slammed them onto the table, gaining their attention. When one of the men turned, the other busying himself with the hem of his cloak, I was slightly curious.

"What's up with your friend? Is he ugly or something?" I inquired sarcastically.

"My master is neither ugly, or something. He deserves more respect. You are but a dirty prostitute." He spat as he looked me from head to toe.