Ch.16

Ch.16
"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Anya screamed, resulting in my immediate awakening at the first, eardrum (also known as the tympanic membrane) bursting 'Wake up'.

"How does your husband handle your voice? It so damn loud." I groaned, rubbing my eyes as I limped out of bed.
My leg was deciding to be a bitch for the day.

"Stop being a party pooper; its a nice day out and we should go on a picnic in the garden." She suggested, bouncing on the bed with her legs tucked neatly under her small frame. Sometimes I forgot she wasn't that much younger than Mason and I.

"I'm not in the mood." I muttered, massaging my leg. "We can do it tomorrow."

Groaning, she rolled her eyes and shook her head. I hated when she did that, she looked too much like Mason.

"It's been three weeks since the attack and both of you haven't spoken about it! He's always in a meeting with you by his side or you're here, moping. It's pitiful and frustrating. I want you to tell me what's wrong." She shouted, evidently exhausted. "I haven't slept because of what happened and you don't even care. But you barely know me; it's that Mason, my brother hasn't noticed that I'm worried about him and that that Rider will come back."

Sighing, I shook my head. "It's not going to happen again. I assure you."
Smiling, I shrugged. "So let's go on a picnic!"

Once I was dressed in a striped black and white jumpsuit, I went across the hall to get him. I wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Looking up from his work, a smile formed on his face. Leaning back, he gestured for me to come closer.

"We're going on a picnic. So put on a shirt and come downstairs. We're going with Anya."

"I have a lot of work to do today, Brandy. I don't have time for useless events that are just planned to waste time."

"If you don't get ready, I'll personally castrate you." I stated nonchalantly, crossing my arms over my chest, daring him to decline the picnic offer.

Clearing his throat, he nodded and got up. "I'll be right there."

Happy with myself, I laughed, sitting down on his bed. Of course, I didn't mind the view; his glorious body making an appearance as he pulled a light tunic over his head.

"Fucking fantastic! Now let's go."

***

When we arrived at the garden, Anya instantly chose the perfect picnic spot and opened the basket that the cooks had prepared before they left. Not feeling very hungry, I watched as Mason scarfed down both of our sandwiches and half of my juice. As we say, I mostly stayed silent, finding solace in the waves of natural energy that I was feeling from the trees and flowers. They were neither light nor dark, which, for some reason, made me feel safe.

"We should play a game!" Anya shouted, looking at me expectantly.

"What?" I laughed. "I have never played games before."

Both of them looked at me strangely, but shrugged, not pressing the matter thankfully.

"We should play tag." Mason suggested, sounding a little bored.

"Umm, I can do something cool, but it's dark."

"Brandy-"

"It's not bad, I promise. I learned it in a park with my friends. It's the least dark magic I know."

They both looked at me doubtfully, but nodded as I got up.

Shaking out my nerves, I conjured a little darkness, struggling to control it. After a while, I had enough to create something out of the water vapors. Truthfully, I had learned this from my mother, but she was irrelevant.