Ch.18

Ch.18
"Come on, again. This is simple." Mason said, scratching his new formed beard. "Just focus on its origin in the nutrient filled soil."

"It's kind of hard when you won't shut up." I growled, holding the minuscule seed in my hand and a pot of soil in the other. "I don't see why this is so useful."

"You can use the nature around you to protect you."

"Blood and soul magic could easily do that." I uttered under my breath, frustrated with this spell.

"But that's dark magic...this is light magic." He clarified, leaning against the wall opposite from me.

"You don't say." I replied sarcastically, groaning in frustration when the seed turned into dust. They put it in some sort of chemical that repelled anything what wasn't light magic. It was fucking annoying.

"Do you need me to show you again?" He asked, tossing me another seed. "Or you can talk about how you feel."

"Show me." I said, my voice flat.
Rolling his eyes, he held a seed in his left and a pot of soil in his right. "So you have to feel the energies to be able to control them. Then they do their own thing and you just guide them in the right direction."

Licking his lips, he smiled at me and the room was filled with a feeling of lightness and happiness. Then there was a long stem rose in his left hand.

"That's for you."

"Thanks." I mumbled, throwing it over my head. When I saw the confusion I lied, not wanting to hurt his feelings.
"I'm allergic."

"No you aren't." He laughed, shaking his head.

"Whatever. Why don't I just tap into your soul to use light magic? That would work, right?"

"You could try."

Before I could even shut my eyes, Anya came bursting into the room, a smile plastered on her face.

"Guess what?" She screamed, jumping up and down.

"Umm, what?" Mason asked, his brows furrowed.

"So you know how I've been trying to plan a ball for the longest while?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Adam finally agreed to give me the money to do it."

"You have to ask your husband to do things with your money when you're a princess?" I said, astonished by how they ran things. "Don't you think that's a little sexist?"

"No." They said in unison, looking at me as if I were an alien.

"Okay, so anyways, the ball is tomorrow. I want it to be fun and exciting, so I was thinking that I could borrow Brandy for today. I really want to incorporate some Rider culture." She explained, looking at Mason with huge puppy dog eyes.

"Anya, I really don't think that's a good idea. We have a lot of work to do here."

"Mason, I think we can make time for your sister. Besides, it sounds like fun." I lied, just wanting to eliminate any chance of having to talk about how those guys attacked me in school. He couldn't even say the word 'rape'. It was getting on my nerves; I was tired of being treated like a fragile doll.

"Fine, but you're going to have to work extra after."

"Yes!" I yelled, fist pumping the air, pulling Anya into a huge hug. "Thank god!"

"So first on the agenda is the theme." She stated, as we walked out of the room with Mason close behind. "It should be a mix of both cultures."
"Well I don't know anything about Sedentians, but Riders love alcohol. Like alcohol is a huge part of our culture." I said happily, remembering all the times that I had gotten drunk. Fond memories they were.