Ch.4

Ch.4

His lips were soft, but not too soft. At least I don't think so. He was the first boy I had ever kissed. And boy did was it the greatest. It wasn't forceful or too chaste, which surprised me. It was the complete opposite. Instead of a five second kiss where our lips were the only thing that touched, it was way more than five seconds and amylase was exchanged. I guess us both being stressed out from ruling a kingdom at war as well as being hormonal teens, the kiss was beyond heated.

Clothes weren't taken off, but it was close but then Ellen knocked on the door asking if we needed any towels. Of course Mason answered politely although I could see that he was irritated that she had interrupted us. Getting up from straddling him, I quickly ran into the bathroom, shocked by the turn of events. If anyone had told me that I would be making out with King Mason eight hours later, I would've probably killed them. It was something that was out of the ordinary. It was a taboo and crazy.

He didn't even know my name and he had kissed me! He had the audacity to kiss me, a queen (although he wasn't aware of that).

"Are you alright in there?" He called out, actually sounding concerned. "Listen I'm sorry if you felt forced to do that. Just come out and we can talk about it."

I felt compelled to let him try to explain himself, but instead I stayed silent and turned on the water for the bath. Waiting until it was close to scalding, I submerged most of my body, until my face was the only thing untouched. Soaking, I shut my eyes, drawing on the water's energy and focussing it on calling out to my brother. I said that I would keep in touch daily and I was going to keep it.

"Kevin." I snapped, wanting to get my meeting with him over with. When he turned around, his smile dropped. My advisors were there as well, looking at me strangely.

"Katya, what do you want?"

"I want you to fill me in on what happened once I left. I want to make sure that you didn't screw up my kingdom." I said bluntly.

"Well, a woman came begging for me to release her son from prison. She's convinced that her son is innocent."

"What was her name?"

He looked at the advisor by his side, waiting for the name.

"Patricia Jungen, your Majesty." The advisor stated after glancing at the paper before him.

Rolling my eyes I shook my head. "Next."

Kevin gaped at me, appalled. "Why? She deserves to get her son back."

"He's dead. He's been dead for two months. He was being transported to the palace for me to receive him when he killed himself. He was eighteen, so there is no reason to tell her. He was an adult." I responded, annoyed that he had questioned my judgement. "So, I say yet again, next."

The rest of the cases that were brought to him were easy fixes, so it didn't take much time to get through them.

"I have to go, I'm busy." I grumbled, I would've fathered being with my enemy than my own brother. It was pathetic.

Leaving the scene, I went back to reality, shivering when I was hit with freezing cold water around me. I guess. I had been there longer than I thought. Coming out of the tub, I grabbed a towel from the cabinet and tried around my body. Glancing at my reflection, I sighed when I saw how pale I looked. I looked like shit. With all the energy I had just exerted , I was exhausted and with exhaustion came extreme paleness. Plus there was the fact that I had made out with my enemy. The person I was supposed to want dead and yet whenever I thought of him, his soft lips were the first things that came to mind. Then his amazing hands and hair. And then finally the hate I was supposed to exclusively hold for him.