eighteen

We went downstairs and out the front door. As we got to the car, Tommy ran in front of me to open the door for me, "You dork" "I'm trying to be polite dickhead" I let out a soft laugh, "Thank you, Tom" I got into the car, and he closed my door before getting in himself. 

I plugged my phone into the car and put on cigarette daydreams by cage the elephant. I started to scream the lyrics. Tommy glanced over at me only for a second, he had the biggest smile on his face. It made me happy that I could make him smile like that, it seemed so genuine. 

"You can drive all night looking for the answers in the pouring rain!" I yelled as I rolled my window down, Tommy laughed at me, but I didn't mind. Nothing else mattered to me at that moment. I felt so alive. 

As Tommy pulled into the parking lot, I turned down the stereo and rolled up my window. The blonde quickly got out of the car and opened my door. I smiled at him, "Thank you, loser" "You're welcome bitch" we both let out a soft laugh. 

We went down to the pier into the theme park, our hands gently brushed each other as we walked side by side, both of us noticed, but neither of us said anything. "What do you wanna do first?" he asked me once we arrived, I pointed to one of the games, "Let's start over there, come on!" I spoke excitedly. 

He and I played game after game for a while, Tom won me a stuffed frog that I absolutely adored.  We got some food, I had a soft pretzel while he got some blue cotton candy. As time passed, the park was getting ready to close. 

"Is there anything else you wanna do?" I asked throwing away my garbage, "Yeah actually" I followed him to the edge of the pier to the ferris wheel. "I have a fear of heights Tommy" I admitted as we stood in line, "Come on, it'll be fine, I promise" I sigh, "Okay, I trust you". 

After a quick 5 minute wait, we got into the seat, Tom sat across from me, "Can you sit next to me?" "It's gonna be all wobbly and shit then" "Please?" once the ride started the blonde got up and sat down next to me. 

As we went up I felt my heart start to race, "I hate this, I hate this, I hate this" I spoke quickly, I closed my eyes, "Willow, it's okay, we're okay, we're safe" I felt something on top of my hand, it was his. I grabbed his hand and our fingers interlocked, his touch calmed me down. 

 The ride stopped for a moment, "Open your eyes" "Nope, not a chance" "Trust me" I slowly opened my eyes and saw the moon spilling it's sliver beams onto the dark water, "Woah" it was beautiful. I looked at Tommy with a smile on my face before laying my head on his shoulder, he rested his head ontop of mine.