twenty

Minx grabbed the keys off the counter upstairs, I followed her out the front door. As we got into the car Will and Niki pulled into the driveway, Will rolled down the window and looked at the two of us, "Where are you going?" he asked, "Girls drive, Niki wanna come?" Minx asked, she smiled "Sure". 

The blonde got out of one car and got into the other, I sat in the back with her leaving Minx in the front. "How are you doing Willow?" Niki asked, "I'm okay, I'm stressed" "Oh no, why is that?" "Just stupid stuff" "It's not stupid, you don't have to talk about it with me if you don't want to but know I'm here, alright?" I gave her a warm smile, "Thank you Niki I appreciate it". 

We drove around for a few hours until we stopped at the gas station. I went inside and got three slushies, two blue raspberries, and one red cherry, I figured I'd get them for Tommy and Toby. I got back in the car and put the drinks in the cup holders, "We ready to go back to the house? It's getting kinda late" I checked my phone, it was 11: 30 pm, "Yeah". 

The sound of Minx and Niki laughing filled my ears but I zoned out, looking out the window. We arrived back at the house, I grabbed the drinks and got out of the car, hesitant to go inside. Minx came up from behind me, putting her hand on my shoulder, "You'll be fine Willow, promise" I gave her a gentle smile, "Okay". 

I went inside, heading upstairs, but I was only met with Toby, he was sitting on the bed scrolling through Twitter. I lightly knocked on the door, he glanced over at me, "Can we talk?" I asked, the boy nodded, "I brought you a slushy" I handed him the cherry one and set the other two down, "Thanks" I nodded, sitting down next to him. 

"Have you and Tommy talked at all since I left?" Toby shook his head, "No, he's been with Wilbur and George in the basement, I've been up here with Fundy but he went downstairs once you guys got back" I sigh. 

"You can't stay mad at Tom forever, you know that" "Why not?" "Because Toby, he's your best friend, you're really gonna let some stupid girl get in the way of that?" "You're not stupid Willow" "But I don't matter enough to break up your friendship" I pointed out. 

He took a sip of his slushy and shrugged, "But I like you Willow," "Toby, you're so sweet and such a good person to be around, but I don't like you like that" I bit my lower lip, "I-I like Tommy" I admitted, "I know you do" Toby spoke softly. 

 "You do?" a voice said from behind