twenty-three

Wilbur began packing the car, putting my suitcase and his in the trunk. Tommy, Toby, and I were sat on the porch in their room, not much was said but we were just enjoying each other's company while we still could. 

"This sucks," Toby said breaking the silence, "Yeah, I mean saying goodbye is never fun but I've really enjoyed spending the fast few days with you two" I received smiles from the both of them which I returned, "I liked it too" the blonde agreed, "me as well". 

You could hear the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, "Guys come down, we're getting ready to leave" Fundy called. We all got up, the boys grabbed their things from the room and we all headed downstairs, "Wait Faith?" Tommy spoke as I was walking out the door, I stopped and looked back, "yeah?" he pulled a blue hoodie out of his bag and handed it to me, "Keep it" a warm smile came across my lips. 

I slid it on over top of my shirt, it was big on me but I liked it. I pulled Tom into a hug, he wrapped his arms around me, holding me tightly. I wish we could have stayed like that forever. He placed a kiss on the top of my head, we both pulled away and went downstairs. 

The energy in the room was low, everyone was hugging each other saying goodbye. I felt myself struggling to hold back the tears. Niki walked over to me, she opened up her arms and I walked into her embrace, "You're truly incredible Willow" she spoke softly, only loud enough for me to hear, "thank you Niki", she pulled away, a smile on her face which I returned. 

Minx came over to us, "Oh Willow, come here you little shit" I let out a soft laugh before giving her a hug, "You're gonna be okay, give yourself time to figure things out, alright?" "Okay, thank you Minx" she nodded. 

Tommy, Toby, and I walked to the side away from all of the adults to say our goodbyes. Toby gave me a bear hug, "I'll miss you" he spoke, his voice was fragile, "Don't cry, you're gonna make me cry" I felt him bury his head into my shoulder, "Awe Toby" I began to gently rub his back, my eyes where watering. 

After a moment, he pulled away, whipping his eyes with his palms. It was time for my last and probably the hardest goodbye, Tommy. As I looked at him, his blue eyes were glossy. I tightly wrapped my arms around him, holding him close, he did the same. The tears began to pour from my eyes, "Why is this so hard" I mumbled into his chest, "Because we had so little time" the two of us stood there for as long as we could. 

"Willow, come on" Wilbur spoke walking over to us, Tommy and I pulled away, I wiped my eyes with the sleeves of his hoodie. "Call me when you're home, alright?" the blonde said, I nodded, "I will" I was biting my lip trying not to cry more than I already was. 

I let out a shaky sigh, giving the two boys one last smile before following Will out to the car