Chapter Twenty: bark bark

[ this is lowkey just a cute filler while i decide how to end this- ]

I was a queen now. But i didn't want it. He wouldn't hurt me one bit.

"Aren't you excited, my love?" he asked me, running his hands through my hair. I wanted dave to do it. I sighed. We were sitting on the couch.

"No" i said "i'm going now" i stood up and grabbed my books. We'd come to an agreement the night before. I had to stay with him. But i could have a little more freedom.

"Bullshit" he had said to me then "you won't kill it, you just want out!" he threatened to shoot me again, but i reminded him he couldn't hurt me or he'd hurt his baby. So we'd come to an arrangement where he wouldn't hurt anyone i cared about- and i wouldn't hurt the baby or myself.

"Be back by three" he said, and i nodded. I didn't want to agree- but i was still scared of him. He wasn't exactly stable and i wasn't eager to push his limits. I didn't want to hurt the baby either- it was still mine. I would only do it if i needed to. But i needed to get the hell out of here before it was born. Neither of us would be safe there. I went straight home. I would get to school later. I slowly opened the door and crept in. dave wasn't in the living room, so i assumed he was sleeping still. I set my books on the counter and got grabbed tightly from behind. I screamed and turned around in dave's arms.

"Jackie what the hell" he breathed as he held me tightly "never ever in your fucking life do that to me again" he said. He sounded tired at worried, but there was a sense of relief in his voice.

"Well i've actually got to go back.." i said quietly and went on to explain the situation to him- other than the fact i was pregnant with donny's baby and not his.

"Oh" he said "well, let's just... do something else, okay? I don't feel like talking about this," he sighed. I nodded and frowned. I stood taller and kissed his cheek

"I can't leave" i whispered "he'll hurt someone"

"I said i didn't want to talk about it!" he said, but i didn't notice he was hurt, not angry. So i acted out.

"Well maybe i'll just go spend the day with james since you obviously don't care what happens to me. maybe he'll kiss me again!" I snapped at him. That was when he got mad. But it was so much different than when donny got mad.

"Fine" he said, his voice raised. I glared at him and headed for the door but he caught my arm "jackie- i let you go this way once, and im not doing it again" he said in a quieter voice "i'm sorry" he said and pulled me into a hug "i've just been upset... i've been using too much drugs, not eating enough food and definitely not getting enough sleep" he said apologetically "i've been so lost without your light in my life... no drug in the world could ever replace you. I'm just upset" he whispered, holding me close to him. I liked the soft and vulnerable side to him.

"I'm sorry for snapping" i said "i don't think i really need to explain myself... but i'm sorry too- for the way i left the first time" he pulled me even closer to him

"It's okay" he said "it wasn't your fault" he pet my hair slowly.

"So, you punched a guy for me?" i asked and giggled softly, pulling away just a little so i could look him in the eyes. he grinned proudly

"All for my wife" he said and i blushed. This was was one of those perfect moments. I wanted to freeze it and make it last forever. He just made my entire body warm; happy.

"Not yet, mustaine" i smiled and kissed him, then pulled away "when?" i asked, curiously. He smiled happily, pushing some hair behind my ear.

"The day you turn eighteen" he said and i giggled

"A little less than a year" i mused "and you better not divorce me" i smiled. Then rolled his eyes and groaned playfully.

"But that's all i want" he whined sarcastically "and then to marry you again- then divorce you again- then marry you again just to feel the feeling again" he said. I blushed like crazy

"Come on, walk me to school" i said, but his arms got tighter around me instead of letting go. I tilted my head back and groaned.

"Dave" i whined "come on, i'll be late" he kissed me passionately and softly- perfectly.

"Fine, fine" he chuckled and kissed me quickly again, and we set off.