Chapter 3: The Demo

The guys left at around two in the morning. Dave was asleep on the couch next to me, and i got up. I groaned. I still had school work. I shook his shoulder gently

"Dave" i mumbled "wake up dumbass" i said louder and he opened his eyes, confused. He smiled a little when he saw me and closed his eyes again "no" i said grabbing his arm and pulling him "get in bed" he whined and stood up, stumbling to our room. I heard him fall onto the bed. I didn't want to think about waking him up tomorrow morning to take me to school. I quietly got my homework and sat on the bed next to him, and started doing it.

I didn't sleep at all, and i only had thirty minutes before school by the time i was done. I was taking AP classes, so i had a shitload of work. I threw my pencil at dave

"Wake up" i said and rubbed my eyes. I got up, headed to the bathroom, and turned on the cold water. It always wakes me up. I was washing my hair when the door opened

"Dave?" i asked

"Morning" he said in a hoarse voice

"What are you doing in here" i laughed and pulled away the curtain a little to see him. He

Smiled at me. He was just sitting on the counter

"Nothing" he said and shrugged "how'd you sleep" he asked.

"Well, truthfully, i didn't" i said and turned off the water "had to finish up schoolwork" i said and yawned "can you get me a towel?" i asked awkwardly, i didn't really mind getting out, it was just a little weird.

"Sure" he said and got handed me one "today you better finish it before bed" he said and i wrapped it around myself, getting out. I went back into our room to get my brush, and he followed me.

"I'll try" i said and he grinned, pleased that he won an argument that hadn't escalated. I looked at the clock and i had five minutes until we had to leave. Ten until class started. I quickly took off my towel and got a clean pair of jeans grabbed a random pair of my jeans, and what turned out to be Dave's shirt. I put all my schoolwork in my bag and dragged Dave's ass out the door with me. It was an odd life i was living. And it was all kind of catching up to me and slapping me in the face. He handed me a joint and lit it up for me. I took a drag and blew it in his face, giggling.

He closed his eyes and sighed happily. He laced his fingers with mine and we eventually got to the front of the school.

"You better get an A with how late you stayed up" he said "can i kiss you before you go?" he asked and i rolled my eyes. Did he know he didn't have to ask?

"Of course" i whispered and he bent down to kiss me sweetly. When he pulled away i bit my lip, and took off for the building.

That day was just like the last. I got it, it was mind numbingly boring, dave joined me for lunch, and then some more class, then Dave picked me up. It was like that for the next month. When we got home i plopped on the couch, turning the tv on. I felt exhausted. Whatever was on, held no interest to me. Dave was next to me surprisingly interested in what was on. I sighed and snuggled up to him, and he put his arm around me gently, kissing the top of my head

"Jackie" he asked softly. I closed my eyes. I was dead tired. I felt like falling asleep as soon as i touched him

"Hmm" i replied trying to stay awake. He was so warm

"Will you be my girl?" he asked. I couldn't even concentrate on his words

"Sure" i said and laid my head in his lap "sure" i mumbled again. He stroked my hair over and over, and i faded out quickly.

When i woke up again i was sill in the same spot, daves arm draped around me. The tv was still going and i gently lifted his arm off me and got up. It was dark in the room, except for the glow of the tv, and i walked into the kitchen to turn the light on. I looked over at him, he was fast asleep, his head leaned back. I smiled at him. He was a great guy, truly. It was my turn to cook dinner, we decided that was the only it was fair. Although, most of the time it was me cooking, because he always burned it. I looked in the fridge and pantry. There wasn't a whole lot, we'd have to go shopping later tonight. Spaghetti was the quickest thing there was to make, so i did, glancing at Dave every so often to make sure he was still asleep.