Chapter Twenty-Five: Gone!

[ LMAO IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG ITS SHORT AND SHITTY I'LL HAVE ANOTHER ONE VERY SOON. TODAY? MAYBE ]

"It's you're turn" jackie mumbled "i did it last time!" she was tired, and she was right; it was always her who did it, not me. I was surprised there was any energy in me. The past six months had been the absolute hardest of my life. I wondered why on earth i'd ever wanted a baby before. Nobody told me it'd be this hard. I tried my hardest to rock jane back to sleep, but she wasn't having it. She stopped crying, but she wasn't keen on falling asleep. Every night we had this problem. I felt jackie shuffle up behind me and put her head on my shoulder.

"One day," she yawned "it'll all be worth it" i chuckled. It was funny, i'd resented this baby until the day she was born. I deep down didn't want her. I never wanted her to be conceived or born. But then i saw her when she was born, and i knew she was my child too, even if she wasn't blood... she had jackie in her. So i loved jane just as much if not more than i loved jackie. Jane's eyes were closed now, and i gently set her down. And she stayed down. We could fit a few short hours of sleep in until she'd wake up again. I turned to jackie and wrapped my arms around her. I almost fell asleep just like that, but she dragged me back into bed. We were fortunate enough to be making some money on our album, and were soon to release another. I had a feeling it would do quite well. Jackie was eighteen, but she still wasn't mrs. mustaine. I'd promised we would get married, but everything had been so hectic lately. We were both always so busy. I missed the times where we could just sit around the apartment, drinking beer all day, her trying to beat me at poker despite not knowing how to play. But she didn't hate me for it. I still had mounds of guilt because now it was my fault she had to drop out, it was my fault she'd been going through so much. But she always ended up with a smile on her face. I loved her, more than anything.

This was our last night with jane for a while, we were leaving her with jackie's mom so we could take a trip. Jackie didn't know, but that's where we were going to get married. I wasn't totally sure how we would manage ourselves alone. We hadn't gotten any time to ourselves lately.

I always wondered how parents managed to just fight through the sleep deprivation, yet we did it. We knocked on jackie's mom's door. She shrieked with excitement when she greeted us. She loved jane. She had no idea about donny, though. Only a few people did. Donny- well... he was a mystery. We tried convicting him of numerous felonies, but somehow he got off clean. After he got out of rehab he was gone. Nobody knew where he was. So hopefully he would be out of our lives forever.

She took the baby immediately and cooed her softly. I smiled. She took the whole 'kid with a twenty-four-year-old' thing pretty well, actually. I thought she'd slap me or something. Although, she was pretty upset we decided to only tell her a few days before she was born.

"Thank you guys so much, no go, have fun" she winked, her smile beaming at jane. We left and went back to the apartment. I lied when i said it would just be us... gar was coming along too. He was the only one of us with a car, so he had to take us. She made me sit in the back seat for an hour of the ten hour trip, because she was mad that of all people, we had to take gar. "This was supposed to be our time together, mustaine" she growled when i had first told her. So i got to sit with reaper in the back. We were going to Oregon. I loved the scenery there, and there was a little place up in the woods where we'd get married. It was perfect. I just knew she would love it.