5. Juggernaut's Combustion Arts

"There you are." Kal'Tsit says, looking at Juggernaut's approaching figure. "Now, I'm heading back to the Ark. Amiya, Doctor, and Juggernaut, I'm leaving the mission to you three. Don't mess it up."

'Yes ma'am.' Juggernaut signs.

About two hours later, In the Lungmen slums

Juggernaut walks through the streets, scanning the area after receiving info through the comms. The mission objective has changed from elimination to rescue and retrieval. The target's name is Misha. Short white hair, roughly 145cm tall, Ursusian.

Juggernaut sighs. Even children are not safe from the hands of fate, so decide to be the bear trap, ready to tear apart those hands that ruin lives. 

Juggernaut stops, looking inside an abandoned building and catching a glimpse of white hair. Juggernaut walks inside, and finds Misha staring at them.

"..." She says nothing, staring at the massive person in front of them. Juggernaut simply crouches down, and gently reaches a hand out to her. After a minute or two of silence, she grasps their hand.

'Hello Misha.' Juggernaut signs. 'I'm here to help.'

"Who are you?" She signs back.

'I, am The Juggernaut. A Defender operator of Rhodes Island. It's nice to meet someone who can speak sign language with me.'

"Oh..." Misha says. "Wait... you're going to lock me up, aren't you? Stay back!" Her claws bounce harmlessly off of Juggernaut's armor.

'If I was going to capture you, do you really think I would have tried talking? Look at me Misha. I could have dragged you away with ease.'

Misha's claws retract.

"Y-You're right. I'm sorry."

'Don't be. I'm glad you have those instincts to protect yourself.'

Amiya, Doctor, Franka and Liskarm rush in, only to stop at the sight of Misha holding Juggernaut's hand. Misha turns and flinches, only to be stopped by Juggernaut's gentle grasp.

'Don't be afraid. These people are friends.' Juggernaut signs.

"O-Okay. I trust you." Misha says. "But I don't trust them."

"That favour you called in came in use Juggernaut." Amiya says.

"Hey Huggernaut~" Exusiai says.

'Call me that and I'll be serving Sankta for lunch.' Juggernaut signs.

"Fine. We picked out a route for you guys. Err... this one." Exusiai says, pointing to a route on a map.

'Too slow. We won't make it on time. We're taking my way.' Juggernaut signs.

"Uh oh..." Exusiai says, backing away from the wall behind her. "Everyone, you might wanna stand back."

Amiya's face is blank for a moment before realizing what she meant.

"Everyone, stand back!" Amiya says, causing everyone to step back from Juggernaut.

Juggernaut draws their left hand out, the plating slowly beginning to heat up as they clench their fist. The heat grows for just a bit more before Juggernaut punches their fist into the wall, blasting the wall into nothing and blasting more than a few Reunion soldiers away.

"What... was that?" Liskarm asks.

"That was Juggernaut's Arts!" Exusiai says. "It's called Combustion Arts."

"Wow..." Doctor Ama mutters. "So they can even use Arts too?"

'Not that much. Just enough to blow a hole through a foot or two of steel.' Juggernaut signs, their left hand still steaming from the explosion as they pull their shield out. 'Now stay behind me, I'm clearing the way! '

The sounds of surprise and fear fill the air as Juggernaut bulldozes a hole right through the Reunion forces, sending them flying as the others make quick work of any that survived Juggernaut's rush. A group of elite heavy defenders block the way ahead as Juggernaut rushes forward.

"They won't be able to break through!" Doctor Ama shouts.

"Hah! You haven't seen all of their tricks!" Exusiai says. "Just watch!"

Juggernaut's armor begins to steam, glowing red before quite literally setting on fire. Just as Juggernaut is about to slam into the heavy defenders, Juggernaut lets out the Arts, obliterating the defenders. Once the dust clears, a large chunk of the street underneath Juggernaut is missing and their armor hissing like cold water on fire.

"Good work!" Doctor Ama says. "Keep it up!"

Juggernaut begins to make quick work of the enemy, making it to the evac point.

"Good work." Ch'en says, cutting down a Reunion soldier. "We'll take her away-"

'Her Oripathy is an acute form, you know? ' Juggernaut signs. 'Once you have what you need, she comes with us.'

Ch'en stares at Juggernaut for a second before sighing.

"Fine. But don't expect anything else." Ch'en replies.

'Understood Blue Bun~'

Ch'en's face reddens a bit before she turns away.

"Will I see you again?" Misha asks Juggernaut.

'Of course Misha. You'll get to see Rhodes Island and get treatment for Oripathy.'

"Do... Do you promise?"

'Yes. I do.'

Misha walks away with Ch'en and the rest of the escort team, leaving Juggernaut, Amiya, Doctor Ama and the others to watch as they leave.

"Hey." Doctor Ama says, putting a hand on Juggernaut's shoulder. "Are you feeling alright?"

Juggernaut gives a thumbs up.

'Just tired from my Arts. That is all.'

"Well don't push yourself too hard. We're here to help."

Nobody sees it, but the corners of Juggernaut's face curve up.

'Thank you Doctor.'

(Damn, that was long. Well, our defender now can make stuff explode. This is my revenge against not getting W or Nian. Thanks for reading!)