His Son (DreamSMP and DadSchlatt)

(What if someone got there before everyone else?)

"It's Tubbo's time to go."

Tubbo looked down as those words left Dream's mouth, unable to think, to even comprehend any way that he could really respond to it. But Tommy was able to, Tommy always had something to say.

"Are you being serious?" Tommy asked as he looked back at the two disks behind them, then at the mask-wearing man in front of the two of them.

"Yes."

Tubbo felt a large lump form in his throat, one in which he was unable to swallow down. He was going to die, Dream was planning on killing him right then and there.

"You can keep the discs, for now." Tubbo looked up as those words left Tommy's mouth "And I and Tubbo will go."

Tubbo looked up at Tommy, who was glaring at Dream with practically all his might. Tommy really did care about him more than the discs.

"Tommy."

The smile, that had once been present on Tubbo's face, swiftly vanished once Dream interrupted Tommy, once more a sense of dread falling onto him.

"I don't really care about the discs," Dream said "I've already told you that I care about power, and the thing about Tubbo is that he," Dream looked over to Tubbo "He is a pawn."

Tubbo shook his head slightly "I-I'm not a pawn." He muttered just loud enough for the other two to hear

"Tubbo's not a-"

"He's a pawn." Dream interrupted once more "He's, just," He sighed and turned back to Tommy "Just, say your goodbyes."

The reality of what was happening seemed to finally dawn on Tommy one Dream finished his sentence.

"No!" Tommy shouted "Fuck you, man! You're not going to kill him! You can-"

"TOMMY!" Dream shouted, "You're going to miss out on your chance to say goodbye to your best friend! Okay!? I'm not kidding."

"Well," Tubbo didn't know what to say "I-I-"

"I'm going to kill him in the next minute-"

"You're not going to kill him!" Tommy said, "You're not gonna."

"Listen," Dream inhaled deeply "You have to accept that this is going to happen no matter how much you deny it. You're going to lose your last few moments left with him and you're gonna regret it," Dream turned Tommy to Tubbo, pushing him slightly "So I'm going to walk over there, and you two say your goodbyes."

Tubbo backed up a bit, before turning to Tommy, instantly seeing the genuine fear present in his friend's eyes.

"I," Tubbo looked down "Uh, Tommy?"

"He's not gonna kill you," Tommy stared "He's not going to fucking kill you."

Tubbo could find the words to say to Tommy, what were you supposed to say to someone that you would see for the last time? Tommy continued to ramble as Tubbo tried to think of what to tell his best friend.

"I tell you what we do," Tommy said, "We make a break for the portal then we can run all the way to the portal on the exile island, so if we run to that-"

"Tommy," Tubbo gently turned Tommy away from Dream, and towards him "We'll be dead before we reach the portal, you know this."

Tommy shut his mouth as Tubbo spoke, looking at the portal, then Dream, "It's too far, and he's too close."

Tubbo turned back to Tommy, who was now looking at the ground, messing with his fingers. Tubbo took a few steps closer to Tommy and set his hand on his shoulder.