¥ Chapter 1 ¥

"LLLLLLLuuuuuuunnnnnnaaaaa~!!" A voice yelled in my direction. I turned, my emerald eyes stopping on a person dressed in red, their hands waving in the air excitedly. I laugh. Grell, forever the attention seeker. I walked over to her "darling your so gorgeous~! It's been so long!!" She says "though blue is blue" she comments, shrugging. I smiled "nice to see you too, grell...is William around?" I asked. Grell shakes his head and sighs "that man is so uptight and serious, though he's probably doing more overtime because of the stunt I pulled the other day, dear. He may be hot but he's definitely tightly screwed to the ground" she says, her hand waves in the air, dismissing the idea. I looked around, the building buzzing with the activity of grim reapers returning from retrieval missions or leaving to begin retrievals. I adjusted my black wire spectacles and returned my emerald gaze to my flamboyant friend "oh well. Maybe we could take some time off soon and catch up? Work has been eating me alive..." I admit with a nervous laugh.

Grell smiles, her sharp teeth glinting in the light "of course darling! I have been hoping to go hunting for my bassy sometime soon, maybe we could do it together!" She squeals, she had talked about Sebastian a lot and a few other men. None really interested me, except maybe one. I smiled nervously "sure, why not" I say, she fidgets slightly and waves to me "it's a date then, sweetie! Ta ta!" She says, turning and walking off to get back to work. I sigh, a small amount of sadness tugging at the edges of my lips. Someone hugged me from behind causing me to let out a squeal "hey Luna!" Ronald's voice pulled me out of my thoughts, drawing my attention to the blond haired boy. I smiled lightly "hey Ronald" I giggled, he smirked "I just got back from a retrieval, what about you?" He asks, taking his arms off of me and coming to stand in front of me. I nodded "I was hoping to start my work, I was actually heading to the administrative department to retrieve my death scythe, but of course you and grell stopped me" I say, Ronald laughs "oh! Sorry 'bout that" he says, placing his hand on the back of his head and giving me a nervous smile.

I shake my head "it's alright, anyways I should get going before I have to work overtime" I say beginning to walk off. Ronald grasps my wrist "wait! Already?" He frowns and I laugh "sorry Ron, maybe I'll be able to catch up with you afterwards?" I ask him, glancing behind me into his own green eyes. He sighs and releases me "alright...till then, good luck on your missions!" He calls as I walk off. Once I retrieve my death scythe I stare at its long jagged and pointed blade, it's shiny metal reflecting my unreadable expression. My emerald eyes are bright and glowing slightly. After a while I was able to make it to the human world. I stood on the roof of a large church chapel, pulling out my list for today. I heard the chime of the clock tower, the sound signaling it was noon. I checked my list and looked out over the edge of the chapel, a man currently having a heart attack. I sighed in boredom and once the records flew into the air I began assessing them, deeming him to die as per usual. I collected the records through my scythe and stamped the sheet as completed.

My thoughts wandered as I worked throughout the day, surprisingly not losing my focus even if I was deep in thought. I came across other reapers who were doing their jobs as well. I jumped onto the next roof, making my way to the next person on my list. I stopped, staring straight ahead where William and Ronald seemed to be battling someone. The scent of a demon overwhelmed me and I huffed "what in the bloody hell...?" I muttered, swinging my scythe over my shoulder and jumping from roof to roof before landing on a different roof and watching the three fight. The demon raced towards Ronald who was trying to fix his mower weapon, I sighed slightly and jumped forward, my scythe blade meeting the demon's silverware which he was using as weapons. He stared at me in surprise and I glanced back at Ron, keeping the demon away "must I always save you, Ronald?" I asked him. He laughed "hey Luna, didn't know you were in the area" he says. William sighs "apologies for throwing you off track, Keystone" he says, standing a little ways away from me and the demon who was wearing a butler's uniform.

I narrowed my eyes, crouching quickly and extending my leg out to trip him but he jumped back before my leg made contact with his own. I stood and smiled lightly "it's no problem will. I was bored anyways". The demon stares at me "your a pretty powerful reaper, might I say" he comments, his smooth voice doing nothing to rattle me but just set me on guard "what in god's or satan's name is a demon doing here?" I huffed, he smiled slightly "apologies, I am Sebastian michaelis, it appears I have disturbed the peace...and now there are three of you" he mutters the last part, so this was the man grell had fallen head over heels for. Even for a demon, three reapers was a bit overwhelming so I wasn't surprised that he was concerned "As Ronald stated, I am Luna Keystone, I would say it's a pleasure to meet you but considering the current circumstances..." I trailed off and shrugged, William frowns and jumps at Sebastian and the two clash. I sigh "I'll leave you too it, don't get yourself hurt Ron" I say, jumping off the roof and disappearing from their line of sight.

Sebastian michealis? Why does that name sound familiar...it didn't before, so why now?...