¥ chapter 3 ¥

The next morning I walked into work, my arm extremely sore from last night. Bags rested under my eyes because I had gotten little sleep last night, thinking about how this was gonna go. I couldn't tell anyone, not even Adrien and I would have to go to the ball and talk to Sebastian...this was tiring. Before I noticed what I was doing I bumped into Will, he stared down at me with that stern gaze "Luna? You seem distraught...is everything alright?" He asks, using his weapon to adjust his spectacles. I hesitated going back to something Claude said before he left 'don't.tell.anyone', it looked like I froze in place and I shook my head, a small smile on my lips as I looked up at him "sorry will! And yes, everything is perfectly fine..." I say. He stared at me suspiciously before walking off, telling me I should get to work soon. I sigh but grell comes running up to me.

Her long red hair waving behind her as she smiles widely "morning, Luna darling! Are you ready for tonight?" She asked me, I nodded "yeah..." I forgot about that. Grell wanted to go looking for Sebastian and catch up with me while we did so. She started talking about him as if he was some god she worshipped, I tuned her out though. I finally snapped out of it after grell began calling my name "Luna, darling. You seem very distracted, are you alright?" She asks. I laugh nervously "yeah, I'm fine grell! I'll see you tonight, I'll meet you at undertaker's" I say, moving past him and walking as fast as I can to the administration department to find my scythe and get to work, hoping that it will take my mind off today.

It did. I went about my work as usual but a bit slower than usual, doing my best to ignore the thoughts of being watched or flashbacks from the night before. Once I was finished I made my way back to the organization but was called to Will's office. I hesitated but made my way there, not bothering to return my death scythe. I knocked on the door and stepped inside, Will was sitting at his desk working on some paperwork. He looked up and straightened as I closed the door "Luna, today I noticed your efficiency had dropped, and with your display in the halls there is clearly something wrong. You're tired but not just that" he says, as if he was assessing my soul, but it's not like I had one. I had known William for years, I wasn't surprised that he could tell when I was lying and when I wasn't. He stood and walked over to me, taking my left arm and pinching a muscle which caused me to Yelp. I pulled my arm away and turned away from him "Luna..." he began sternly, "it's nothing, ok!?" I yelled pointing the scythe blade at him. He didn't flinch, just stared at me "when will you ever learn..." he sighs, using his hand to lower the blade and handing me a slip of paper, walking back to his desk. I stared at the sheet and read it "a-a...work pass?" I question, looking up at him. He nods "now leave, you have permission to take your death scythe, don't make me change my mind" he says as he sits back down.

I stared at him and smiled slightly, nodding and leaving the office, I would have liked to hug him but I knew Will didn't like that sort of thing. I decided I would go see Adrian again before grell got off work. I opened the shop door and froze, Ciel phantomhive and his butler stood inside. They glanced back at me and I laughed nervously "this must be a bad time..." I say, turning to walk out the door but Adrian takes my arm and drags me inside "come now, luv. You know it's never a bad time" I blushed slightly and yanked my arm away from him. Luckily it wasn't my hurt arm. He laughed, "you must be Luna Keystone, Sebastian told me of your appearance yesterday, I'm glad you'll be joining undertaker at the ball" the boy says "someone must keep him in check" ciel mutters that part and Adrian continues to laugh. I nod "yes. It's nice to finally meet you" I say, not looking at Sebastian. The events from last night picked away at my defenses and my movements faltered before I finally sat down, Sebastian seemed to notice and so did Adrian though neither said anything as Ciel continued speaking about something that I wasn't paying too much attention to.

Soon we heard the loud yelling of grell as she burst in "bassy my love!! Your beautiful red queen has arrived!~" she said, trying to hug the demon but failed miserably "I beat you to it grell" I say, she looks down at me and smirks "well I don't have to worry about you Luna, you won't take my bassy because we all know about the shade's claim on you~" she says, a devilish expression on her face as both Sebastian and ciel stare at me. Both are dumbfounded as Adrian pulls me towards him "only if the lady agrees" he says, smirking. I sweat dropped and blushed as Ciel takes a moment to process this new development. Adrian laughs. Grell smiles at Sebastian "we were actually going to go hunting for you and catch up! But since you found us I guess it's meant to be~!" She says, once again trying to hug the demon who sidesteps her. I stare at Sebastian but quickly look away when his crimson eyes flash the golden color of Claude's. My hands tremble but I ball my hands into fists. Tomorrow was the ball and the best way to get to know Sebastian...

I feel so...selfish...

If I told Claude that would hurt Sebastian...and something inside of me didn't want that... I stand and as everyone is yelling and arguing I leave the building to clear my head.