~ chapter 4 ~

Undertaker's POV

I watched Luna leave the building and once she was gone everyone went quiet. Grell sighed "something isn't right with her, she's been so out of it today and I fear it may be something serious" she says, voicing her concerns. I nodded as Sebastian spoke "she smells of another demon, who I cannot detect. The scent is there but it's undetectable anywhere else so I don't know who it could be" he says. Ciel looks to me and I laugh "that must be why William sent me this letter, regarding his concerns for Luna. I never thought the man had it in him, hehe" I say, holding up the opened letter. "Takes a wolf to scare a fox" I say, Ciel seemed confused "what do you mean?" He asks, I shrug and chuckle "it's between Mr. Butler, me, and Luna. The fourth contender will make their appearance in time. For now we must keep a close eye on her, I fear this kind of trouble may not be good for" I say, suppressing my laughs.

If Luna were to get hurt once again I would never forgive myself. She is my top priority.

Luna's POV

On my walk I'm stopped by a mailman "Mrs. Keystone, here you go" he says, handing me a letter before walking off. I sigh, humans were weird. I turned the letter around and froze when I saw the wax seal, a spider in its center. I hesitantly opened the letter and read it 

'dear Luna Keystone, per the earl transy's request you are invited to the Transy manor today to meet with his highness and discuss matters concerning the involvement of both myself, the reapers, and Sebastian michealis. We shall be awaiting your arrival.

Sincerely, Claude Faustus'

I physically cringed and folded the letter back up before slipping it into my pocket. I sighed, I would just have to go. I made my way back to the building just as fast as I left "grell, let's go, I need your help" I say with irritation as I drag the trans female out. She was talking with Adrian and it seemed the other two had left. He watched us go without a word. I took her back to the reaper reakm dorms. Grell helped me change, throwing questions at me left and right "darling, why do you need such a dark outfit? Are you going on a date!?" She asks, handing me a long black trench coat and I shake my head "I have some business to take care of...if something goes wrong promise me you won't let Adrian go off?" I ask her, staring into her eyes. She hesitates "I promise but..." I shook my head, telling her no more questions.

Finally I arrive at the transy manor and I'm greeted at the door by a female demon, though she was without a contract. In fact the entire mansion reeked of demons. I followed her through the halls and was led into a study. She closed the door behind me as I stepped in, I glanced behind me as Claude stood in the corner, his golden eyes locked onto me like the vulture he was. A blonde boy ,I knew as the young earl trancy, smiled at me "welcome Mrs. Luna! It's been a while hasn't it?" He asks, my expression didn't soften as I adjusted my spectacles "the letter said you wanted to discuss my relations with the people around me, what does that entail?" I ask, trying my best not to sound rude "work is such a bother, honestly it wasn't my idea, I'm only here to enjoy the show, but I'll leave you two to talk" he says, standing and leaving the room. I feel Claude close behind me and my breath catches in my throat as he stares down at me "who is the undertaker to you?" He asks, his voice smooth but holding a cold edge to it.

My heart races "that's none of your concern" I growl, but Claude takes my still sore arm and before I can stop him he rolls my sleeve up and digs his sharp nails into my skin, drawing blood. My eyes widen and he whispers in my ear "wrong answer" he says "you grim reapers are so easy to break but so hard to get ahold of, it's almost as if you were never meant to be toyed with" he says before repeating his question again and digging his nails farther "what.is.he.to.you" he growls, his voice darker and more demanding. If I moved my arm his nails would rip my skin and cause a mess, tears filled my eyes. I knew Adrian was an extremely skilled reaper but if he got hurt because of me...Claude moved closer to me, his breath hot on my cheek as I grit my teeth "I'm waiting" he growls, his voice growing demonic as I notice his eyes turn a reddish pink color. I hesitate before my body goes limp and I stare at the floor.

"He...he was my mentor and he's also my...my...fiancé"