¥ Chapter 8 ¥

That night Adrian and I broke the news to Ciel, alois over hearing of course. The two made up a temporary truce until Adrian and I married, meaning Claude couldn't interfere or go near me until then. We retired early that night, going back to the shop and cuddling in Adrien's coffin bed upstairs until we both dozed off. The next morning I quietly slipped out of his grip as he slept, I changed into my work outfit but before I could put my shirt on I felt strong arms wrap around my waist, I blushed a crimson "A-Adrien..." I said in a flustered voice, not knowing what to say as he buried his face in the crook of my neck "do you have to go to work?...you could quit and stay with me" he suggests, I roll my eyes "unlike you I enjoy reaping, now please...let me go" I said, he chuckled and reluctantly released me which allowed me to finish changing.

I wasn't hungry so I hugged Adrien, kissing his cheek before telling him I'd be back later and left the shop. When I arrived at the company I made my way to administration only to be stopped by Grell and Ronald "Luna! How are you doing?" Ron asks, I smile "never been better" I say brightly. Grell smiles "and why is-" she stops and takes my left hand, the moment she saw the ring on my ring finger she lit up "ooooOOoooh~ LUNA!You accepted~!?" She asked brightly as Ron examined the ring as well "dang, what does he do to get girls? I need some tips..." he says. I nod "you must let me be a bridesmaid! I look fabulous in dresses~" she says, twirling as she fangirls. Ron laughs "well congrats Luna! I look forward to the wedding" he says, flashing his usual confident smile.

Grell turns back to me with a teasing smile on her face "so, have you done it yet? Spill the tea!" She says, her interest peaking like a mountain. I laugh and shake my head with a blush "n-no! I don't think I have the guts anyways..." I say. William appears behind Grell, hitting her in the back of the head, causing her to fall "your so loud sutcliff" he huffs in annoyance, adjusting his glasses. Ron laughed "you know grell" he says. I smile at will as he examines the ring as well "congratulations Luna, though this doesn't excuse the amount of overtime you have" he says, I laugh nervously "yeah, I know" I say. For the majority of the day I reap souls as usual, nothing interesting happened. Though the continuous fear of being watched nips at me, I focused on my surroundings more than my job but at this point I could reap a soul in my sleep. After my last soul I yawned and placed the long handle of my scythe on my shoulder. I made my way back to the company, returning my scythe and going back to the shop.

Once I open the door I'm greeted by Adrien who was looking through a pile of fabrics "Luna, do you mind handing me that needle and thread?" He asks, I nod and hand him said needle and thread. He takes this opportunity to grab my wrist and pins me against the counter, his hands on the table, effectively trapping me. I drop the items and I blush as he smirks "hehe, you're so easy to trick, Luna dear" he says, his undertaker voice in motion as he giggles. I frown slightly "you sound like Claude" I say, narrowing my eyes. He laughs "sorry, luv. I couldn't resist" he says, I grin and pull him closer to me as I stare up at him, hand firm on his coat as he smirks "Dearie~ what are you doing~?" He asks, his voice returning to it's deep and smooth tone. I lean up, kissing him as he chuckles into the kiss. His lips soft on mine as he presses against me. Once we pull away he chuckles and I smile "so, what have you decided for the colors of our wedding?" I ask him. He giggles, reaching behind me and pulling two different colored ribbons and holding them infront of me "well, dark blue and silver seem to go well together, not to mention our hair, hehe" he says sweetly. I giggle and take the ribbons, pressing my head to his. He kisses me once more before releasing me to get back to his work, picking up the thread and needle I dropped and starting on his project.

I went upstairs, both ribbons in my hands. I braided my hair, a small smile on my lips as I tied the silver ribbon to keep the braid together. I went back downstairs and walked up behind Adrien, taking his small braid and tying it with the dark blue ribbon "Luna? What's this for, luv?" He asks, a small laugh in his voice "you said they went together" I giggled, pulling on the ribbon slightly and finishing the bow. He laughed and went back to work.