~ Chapter 16 ~

Third POV

"Luna!!" Grell and Ron cry out as Adrien freezes, watching her fall to the ground, blood pouring from the slits in her throat. The pain Adrien feels is unbearable as everyone around watches in horror "Luna...." Adrien muttered. William hesitated but growled "kill him" the reapers around them rushed forward but Claude disappeared, exiting the reaper realm quickly. The silver haired man falls to his knees in front of Luna's body, the sound of midnight's crying nothing more than a whisper in his ears. He hands the baby off to grell quickly and cradles Luna's head in his arms as tears fall down his face "no no no...Luna please, PLEASE!" He yells, tears slide down Luna's face as Adrien presses his forehead to hers. The reapers around him bow their heads quietly, Grell rocks the baby doing her best to quiet her as she mourns for her friend.

Adrien let out a pained yell as he held her, tears poured down his face as rage and sadness filled him completely. Her body was cold, not warm like it used to be. The stench of blood was unbearable but he could care less, he just wanted his beloved back. He wished this was a dream, he wished so much that it was only a nightmare and nothing more, but it was very real. "You promised! Luna you promised!" He yells, unable to control himself as he falls apart at the seams. Even William seemed depressed. Adrien had dropped his scythe and now it was laying on the cobblestone path as he stared into Luna's life-less green eyes that were slowly turning a bright blue like midnight's split ones, once they turned completely they became dull.

He kissed her, the memories they shared together flashed through him as if he was watching the cinematic records she didn't have. Once he pulled away he set her down slowly and gently, running his long nailed fingers over her eyes and closing them. He stands and stares down at her, his bangs covering his eyes once again but no laughter or joke could make him smile or giggle again. Almost as if he was a robot he walked over to grell, resting his hand on Midnight's head, realizing it was her father she silenced and fell asleep "watch her for a little while, please..." he mutters as grell nods. He turns, picking his dead wife up bridal style and leaving the reaper realm. He makes his way to the phantomhive manor and makes his way to the garden by walking around the manor. Once he stands in the garden he stares up at the sky, Luna still in his arms as he thinks for a moment. Ciel and Sebastian race outside to him "undertaker!? What happened!?" Ciel yelled, Sebastian brought a hand to his mouth, eyes wide as he smelled the stench of death and blood.

"She always loved your garden, young earl..." he muttered, turning his head, sadness in his green eyes. The earl's eyes widen "Undertaker....?" He muttered. Adrien chuckles, a cold and depressed sound "she'll miss us...and I'll miss her...won't you as well...young lord, Mr. butler?" He asks, the sadness in his voice was like a fountain, pouring out into his vocals. "Undertaker, what are you-" he's cut off as the monochrome man speaks "I'd like to...make a grave here at the manor...for her, if you don't mind, young earl..." he says, Ciel sighs in defeat "alright...I owe you this much..." he mutters, Adrien thanks him before taking Luna's body into his workshop. He lays her on the cold table used for the bodies and he begins gathering the necessary supplies to fix her.

To make her good as new...as if she was alive...

Midnight Ebony Crevan.

The last gift she gave to him, and the gift he would cherish the most.