Chapter 13: The Eve of War

David Vincent: After their uneventful encounter with Bastet's Mariah, our heroes head to Cairo to put an end to the dark Lord Dio once & for all.

The path that had led them here was long & arduous. Foreign lands shrouded in mystery & treacherous Stand-using assassins met them in every step. Each battle was a struggle for survival where one wrong move could spell certain death. There were tears, laughter, nosebleeds, sadness, rage & joy. The journey affected them all.

Everything led to this. The time had come to defeat the dark Lord Dio & end the hundred year curse afflicting the Joestar family.
-Joseph was determined to save his daughter Holly. But now with his mother & daughter at his side, he is determined to avenge his entire bloodline.
-Lisa Lisa's early life of hardship can be traced back to a single man. Back in the prime of her youth, she is set on making Dio pay. A minion of his was responsible for killing her husband George & forcing her to go into hiding, labeled as a traitor. Furthermore he took the lives of her parents when she was just a baby. Even her adoptive father Straizo was corrupted by Dio's influence. As the last Hamon master alive, it is her duty to finish the war between the forces of Hamon & the Stone Mask.
-Holly, with her parasitic Stand now under her control, is ready to use her new powers to help her father & son however she can. In the original story she laid helpless in bed. Now she has stepped up to the fight.
-Von Stroheim is ready to help his old friend one last time & redeem himself for his service to the 3rd Reich. He also owes Reimi what's left of his life. It is thanks to her that he ever got his memories back & did not perish in the radiation of Chernobyl.
-Kakyoin vowed to remain resolute to defeat Dio, not only to save Holly or impress Reimi, but to overcome his own weaknesses & to never fall victim to his fears again.
-Avdol is steadfast in his conviction, considering it his personal duty to rid the world of supernatural evil whereever it lurked.
-Polnareff vowed to repay his debt to Reimi for saving his sister & protect his new brothers in arms.
-Sherry Polnareff wishes to protect her friend who saved her & end the threat that Centerfold's allies still pose to her.
-Iggy realized his life of hardship can be traced back to a single man.
-Hol Horse, initially joining for selfish reasons, now seeks to redeem his life of crime & make Dio pay for the unforgivable things he's done.
And finally...
-Reimi Sugimoto is the light in the darkness, an ally to good, & a nightmare to the forces of evil. Even as a helpless ghost she had a sworn duty to haunt the alleyway until her killer was caught. Now as a  she has made it her sworn duty to fight the forces of evil & prevent atrocities that were once to come. Like Avdol she is resolute on fighting evil wherever it lurks.

But now that the Joestar group poses a much greater threat, Lord Dio will not be holding back like he once did. This Dio will not be using his mastery over time to move people down the stairs. Reimi Sugimoto has robbed Dio of his element of surprise, forcing him to take desperate measures. This will not be the cat & mouse game we saw in the final arc of Stardust Crusaders. Now the Joestar-Sugimoto Alliance will be entering the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure equivalent of Marineford.

In the calm before the storm, the allied Stand-users chat among themselves for what could be the last time.

Holly: So have you been a good boy while you've been away? (VA Elise Baughman)
Jotaro: Yes mom. But some good news is I finally figured out how to make Star-Platinum stop time. Pinky has a feeling that Dio might be able to do the same. (VA Matthew Mercer)
Holly: What? No way, you're gonna have to prove it.

Time buzzes & Holly looks down to see her left wristband has been taken off. She looks over to see her son holding it in his hand.

Holly: Oh my, you were right. Well you'll have more chores to do when we get home.
Jotaro: Chores, right.