Chapter 2 Part 2: The Affair

David Vincent: It is the year 1984 & Reimi is now 17. The Sugimoto family continues to enjoy the life that was once stolen from them.
Her parents are blissfully unaware of their original fates, but Reimi remembers that timeline all too well.
Sometimes she wonders if her actions will spiral into greater injustices than the ones she prevented.

Meanwhile off the coast of the Canary islands, Lord Dio has awoken from his hundred year slumber.
On a day like any other, a motor boat was found adrift & abandoned. The craft was nearly undamaged & showed no signs of struggle. In the galley 3 cups of coffee sat half full. On the deck, an iron chest, it's lock melted away, lay open & empty. But the chest's unusual shelter-like Chambers baffled discoverers, who believe it to have once contained a vast treasure. However interest faded away & the chest was once again forgotten.

Today back in Morioh, Sugimoto will contact the Speedwagon Foundation to begin her heroic journey. In the afterlife their founder Speedwagon had used his Stand to send her back to the past. Now she will take her rightful place in his Foundation.

She gives them some very interesting information their higher-ups cannot ignore.

From their perspective, a Japanese police officer tells them of a 17-year-old girl with supernatural abilities who also knows about Joseph Joestar's affair with Tomoko Higashikata & believes her powers can restore Joseph's long lost hand.
This is information that Joseph cannot ignore. This also gives him the chance to see his daughter Holly again.

They arrange a meeting which will intertwine the destinies of the Joestar & Sugimoto families.
Some time in the spring of 1984, Joseph arrives to Morioh in a familiar limousine.

Rosas: Well Mr. Joestar, looks like we've arrived. What a nice little town.

Joseph Joestar: Yeah, sure has a charm that lots of towns in America are missing.  (Voiced by the irreplaceable Richard Epcar)
Rosas: I've seen many new towns pop up back home & it's just depressing. Too much focus on gas stations & shopping centers. Anyways this was quite the trip to meet one teenage girl. Are you sure she even has abilities?
Joseph Joestar: According to official sources, she has supernatural abilities not seen since the time of Christ, or in our case since the Pillarmen. But let's say we came here for Holly. I also need to see my son.
Rosas: I've sure missed Holly. Things just haven't been the same since she left. 

Butler Rosas drives away as Joseph steps outside, ready to meet this Sugimoto girl.
The scene cuts to the inside the Kisara drugstore, the interior of Kisara resembles Mr. Gowers Pharmacy. Reimi talks to her father working behind the counter. She is wearing her armbands & alley dress. This is the last time we will see Reimi in her classic outfit. Mr Sugimoto is wearing a copper vest & pink bowtie for his job here.

Reimi: Oh looks like he's here.
Reimi's dad: Neat, I can't remember the last time I saw a limousine in Morioh. Joestar sounds like a pretty accomplished man. I've got some more prescriptions to fill, but I'll get off early for you today. (VA Travis Willingham)

She steps out of the store & pretends not to notice Mr. Joestar as she walks to her spot in the middle of the entrance of the alley. Joseph is a far cry from the frail old man he was in DiU.

Reimi: Hard to believe he's the same old geezer who told me I'm extraordinary woman. He looks pretty good for his age, I can see why Tomoko fell for him.

Joseph Joestar: Excuse me there, are you Reimi Sugimoto?
Reimi: Why yes, did the Pink hair give me away?
Joseph Joestar: Sure did.
Reimi: Nice to meet you, welcome to Morioh. So why is an American millionaire out here to meet me?
Joseph Joestar: I'm not here for any funny business if that's what you're implying. You are ridiculously pretty, but I'm only interested in your special abilities, like Hamon.
Reimi: Hamon? You mean this?