Hope

"I wanted to be the one to kill Dr. Zomboss.. But this is an okay outcome," said Peter.

The entire group had reunited on the roof of the zombie base as Crazy Dave utilized his and Peter's invention, which worked like a charm at removing the smoke from the skies.

"I don't think he's dead. He never died any of the other times he was killed," said Alice. "He's like.. A slasher villain or something. Never dies no matter how many times you kill him,"

"I guess that's one way to put it." Peter stared out at the slowly unveiled sunset. He sighed. "You never appreciate sunsets until they're almost taken away,"

"Yeah,"

Alice glanced down at Mink, who was sitting and chatting with the plants in plantspeak. Sweetpea and Pudding were seemingly arguing again, while Mink politely conversed with Red and Ms. Marie.

"Hey, Alice, d'you think that any other crazy shit's gonna happen now that we've pissed off Zomboss? -Like, if he lives, I mean?" asked Ragz.

"Oh, totally. You've heard the stories of Nate n' Patrice, right? There was like.. Dozens of weird ass happenstances," Alice replied.

"Who are Nate and Patrice?"

Alice blinked, then sighed. "I forgot that you don't know much,"

"I can tell ya stories about Patrice, if you'd like, Wild Child!" said Crazy Dave.

"Really? Cool, I guess," said Ragz.

Crazy Dave started recounting a story that Alice had heard before - the one about the college zombies. They listened along as they sat down, staring out at the golden sunset.

The world was peaceful, for once.