Chapter 6: Mind Bent

We all race through the portal and make it to the place where Valentine and Ender are. I look around and see that there’s a lot of people sitting next to the walls...all of which have those weird blue things that the man in the avenue had. I look at Agent 3 and see nothing but sheer fear on her face. Agent 8 takes her hand and looks her in the eyes. Agent 8 nods her head and Agent 3 nods back, but I can see she's still trembling slightly.

I look in front of me and see Valentine is still holding a gun to someone’s head. She looks up at me and then looks shocked.

“When the hell did you get here!?!” She yells, annoyed.

Mary smirks at her.

“Portals, bitch!” Mary cheers.

Ender snickers in the corner while Valentine rolls her eyes.

“Make one more move and I’ll kill this person right on the spot.” Valentine hisses.

She kicks the person down to their front and stands on their back.

“Fucking hell.” Celeste comments.

Valentine smirks and looks at Agent 3 “What’s the matter? Having bad memories?” Valentine taunts.

Agent 3 starts to shake a little and nearly drops her gun.

“Hey! Leave 3 alone!” Agent 4 yells.

Valentine rolls her eyes again.

“Or what?” Valentine asks.

I look at the gun in her hands and get an idea. I use my telekinesis and pull the gun straight out of her hands and into mine’s. I grin at Valentine and she looks at me, both angry and confused.

“Mary Sue ” Mary whispers.

I ignore the comment and Ender looks at me.

“How did you do that?” Ender asks me, with genuine wonder.

Valentine looks at him and then back at me.

“So you're the one who’s got the powers.” Valentine mutters.

She growls at me and then puts two fingers to her ear.

“Think you can help me with this mess?” She asks.

I look at her confused and keep on my guard.

“What have you done to everyone here?” Cecilia asks, indicating to everyone lined up against the wall.

Valentine shakes her head.

“You really have no clue? God you're all pathetic.”

Valentine steps to the side and then a blast of blue ink shoots out of nowhere. We all dodge out the way and look around.

“Where did that come from!?!” Eilidh shouts.

Agent 3 looks at the top railing and sees three Octoling snipers at the top and points to them.

“There.”

Everyone looks at the railing as the Octolings start to shoot at us even more. We all do our best to avoid them while Bryony tries to shoot them with her arrows, but they're too far away.

“Some of us need to go up there and stop them.” Agent 4 says.

“Ok. Me, Agent 4 and Cecilia will.” Celeste tells everyone.

We all nod and the three of them rush off to find a way up to the railing. I charge at Valentine and swing my sword at her. She jumps backwards and tries to kick me in the knee. I stop her but she manages to grab her gun. She tries to shoot me but I make a shield and block it. Valentine growls and starts throwing punches at me. I avoid them and grab her arm. I punch her in the stomach and she backs off. I turn around and see everyone else taking on Ender.