Chapter 7: Armoured up

Charlie’s P.O.V

We all go through the portal and exit at the side of a building in Inkopolis so no one sees us. I take a step out and look around. The square is filled with people talking and laughing, Octolings and Inklings alike. I look up at the biggest tower and see the great zap fish wrapped around it. Everyone else steps out and looks around too.

“Woah.” Eilidh says captivated.

“This place looks awesome!” Celeste cheers.

Bryony looks up at the tower with the zap fish on it and points at it confused.

“What’s with the big eel?” Bryony questions.

“That’s the great zap fish. It’s used to power everything in Inkopolis.” Agent 4 explains.

Agent 3 moves her head and we all follow her.

“So, where are we going?” Mary asks.

“I’m looking for Callie and Maria. They should be around here somewhere.” Agent 3 answers.

We walk around and I turn to my right and see two people hanging out in a studio of sorts behind glass. One is an octoling and the other is an inkling. They look over at me and they both look surprised. The inkling walks over to the glass and bangs on it.

“Yo 3! What you doing here!” She yells.

Agent 3 looks over at them and Agent 8 waves.

“Oh boy.” Agent 3 mumbles.

We all walk over to them and the octoling motions for us to come in.

“There’s a door round the back.” She tells us.

We go round back and open the door and are greeted by the two of them. We walk inside and the pair of them look at us.

“Who are your new friends?” The octoling asks.

We all introduce ourselves and they both smile.

“Nice to meet you all. This here is Marina and I’m MC princess.” The squid introduces.

Marina rolls her eyes but smiles.

“Her name is Pearl.” Marina tells us.

Marina eyes the zap fish in Agent 3’s hands and looks at it.

“What are you doing with a zap fish? Didn’t you get them all back?” Marina asks.

Agent 3 sighs and hands it to her.

“The Octorians must have gotten their hands on some. There using them to power up their machines. We just took out an Octostomper.” Agent 8 explains.

Marina and Pearl both exchange a glance.

“Don’t sweat it. You guys will have nothing to worry about. I mean, you have taken them out before.” Pearl shrugs.

“Yeah, but last time they weren’t teamed up with someone who can bend minds and reality.” I perk up.

Pearl looks at me confused.

“Eh?”

We tell them who the sisters are and what happened back at the mall. Marina gasps and puts her hands over her mouth.

“That’s awful! I can’t believe there doing that!” Marina exclaims.

“I’m gonna trash em!” Pearl yells.

Celeste shakes her head.

“Yeah. Good luck with that.” Celeste comments.

“So what are you guys going to do?” Marina asks.