Chapter 12: Storming the Base

We all exit the portal extremely close to the staude and start to walk over to it. People that are in their houses and out in the street look at all of us scared.

“What are they doing? Are they turning themselves in?” I hear someone whisper.

“Without them we’re doomed! What will happen to us?” Someone else says, frightened.

I sigh softly and continue walking. I know that this looks bad on our part but right now, we don't really have much of a choice. We have to do this if we want to save everyone. I look up at the head of the staude and see Valentine looking down on us. She hisses like a cat and jumps down in front of us. She walks over to Ender and looks him up and down.

“What is this?” Valentine asks, keeping on her guard.

Ender freezes up so I step in.

“Your a fucking tratoir to everyone here Ender! I can’t believe you betrayed us!” I scream

I spit in his face and Valentine looks at him. Was it a bit over the top? Yes, maybe a little, but if it helps Ender show he’s still a bad guy then it’s worth it.

“Yes…! I only pretended to be on their side so I could capture them! Unfortunately I couldn’t capture all of them, the others ran away with their tails between their legs.” Ender says confidently.

He wipes his face and Valentine looks at him long and hard.

“...Impressive. I didn’t expect someone as dumb as you to be able to pull something like this off.” Valentine grins.

She looks at all of us and then lands on me. She walks over to me and looks at me with disgust. She kicks me hard in my upper thigh and I fall to one knee. Cecilia flinches but Ender holds her back.

“And to think that you beat me once before. Get them inside.” Valentine commands.

I stand back up as Mary walks past Ender. She hisses at him as she does. Bryony goes by with a pissed off look on her face.

“And I thought you wanted to be friends with us.” Bryony growls.

Cecilia and me walk in, side by side and I whisper into Ender’s ear.

“Sorry for spitting in your face.”

He smiles at me and walks in with us. I look around at the base and I’ll admit, it looks impressive; nothing like the outside. The walls are covered in metal and so is the floor. There are Octolings everywhere as well…both sanitized and not. Valentine extends her arms and yells.

“Would you look at who decided to show their face again.” She yells.

Everyone turns to her and sees us and cheers.

“With these pathetic girls in chains. There’s nothing that will get in our way! with the army being preoccupied with those sisters or whatever there called.” Valentine cheers.

Valentine turns back to us and then looks at Ender.

“Take those two away, I want to have these two to myself.” Valentine says, referring to me and Cecilia as the two she wants to herself.

“Uh...sounding fucked up much?” Mary asks.

Bryony snickers and Ender starts to lead them away. Valentine turns to me and Cecilia and moves with her head for us to follow her. We both look at each other but follow. Valentine keeps her hands behind her back and I can see a dark aura emanating from them. What even is that? I’m pretty sure she couldn’t do that before. Octoling soldiers look at us and whisper to each other. I sigh and keep my head down, ignoring them. Cecilia steps closer to me and tries to take my hand. I smile at her and step closer to her as well so our shoulders are touching. Valentine turns to us and rolls her eyes.