Chapter 9: A New Threat

Third Person

Valentine paces about the room in pure rage with her hands behind her back, thinking about what happened.

“Who does that Ender think he is? Joining the humans? How dare he betray us!” Valentine vents.

She clenches her fists and Crystal and Diana walk in. Valentine turns to them and hisses.

“You could have helped you know, but no. You had to just stand there and watch as Ender was turned to their side.” Valentine hisses.

Crystal raises an eyebrow.

“What’s the big deal exactly? I thought you couldn’t stand him?” Crystal questions.

Valentine growls.

“That’s not the point. He was still helpful to the army.” Valentine answers.

Diana rolls her eyes.

“It doesn’t matter. What’s done is done. You can’t change it now. So stop whining and get on with it.” Diana deadpans.

Valentine looks at the two of them and growls.

“How dare you talk to me like that! Do you know who I am? I’m the leader of the whole army. If I gave the command they would wipe the floor with you two.” Valentine snarls.

Crystal groans.

“Whatever. We have our own army too. Before we went to that opera house or whatever it was. I decided to go and get myself a few troops. Not only do we have an Octoling army; but we have the human one as well.” Crystal smiles.

Valentine looks her, shocked.

“Huh. That’s actually pretty impressive.” Valentine says surprised.

Crystal shrugs.

“It is? I didn’t think you were impressed by anything.” Diana jokes.

Valentine rolls her eyes and frowns.

“Just leave.” She deadpans.

Crystal and Diana leave the room and Valentine starts to pace again.

“I am going to kill those girls, especially that one with the amulet. She makes my blood boil!” Valentine says, nearly shouting.

“She makes my blood boil as well.”

Valentine wipes her head around, looking around the room.

“Who’s there?” She snaps, grabbing her gun.

Valentine looks around and can’t see anyone.

“You can’t see me, but I can see you.” The voice starts. It’s a man's voice, very cold and icy.

Valentine hisses.

“What do you want?” She asks.

Darkness starts to slowly make it’s way over to her without her noticing.

“I know you hate those girls and I know what you really want. You want them dead, and so do I. You want revenge... I can give you that. I can make you stronger than you could ever imagine.” The voice says.

Valentine lowers her weapon, still on her guard.

“What do you mean?” She asks, curiously.

The darkness slowly raises and forms into a  person, a female octoling emerges from it. She has long black tentacles and pale skin. Her eyes are purple and she has two long green seaweed strands on the left and right sides of her hair.