Chapter 13: Arcade Blast!

After we finish cleaning up the rubble that was left behind by the staude. We all head back to my house and get ready to say goodbye to everyone.

“Are you sure I can keep this Mary? It is yours after all.” Agent 3 asks.

Mary shrugs.

“It’s fine. I barely wear it anyway.” Mary reassures.

Agent 3 smirks while Agent 4 hugs Celeste tightly.

“Thank you so much for helping us with the Octolings!” Agent 4 says energetically.

Celeste struggles to breathe and I hold in a laugh.

“How...can someone...have so much energy...without having coffee!” Celeste exclaims.

Agent 4 lets go and laughs. Agent 8 pets Eve on the head and smiles sweetly at all of us.

“It’s been so much fun meeting all of you! I wish we didn’t have to go so soon.” Agent 8 says sadly.

I think to myself and smirk.

“...Who says you need to leave right now?” I ask.

All of the agents exchange glances.

“Charlie isn’t wrong. It’s not like you have anything important on right now.” Eilidh agrees.

Agent 4 gives Agent 3 puppy eyes and Ender is even smiling like a little kid. Agent 3 smirks and looks at all of us.

“What the hell! We didn’t really get to hang out anyway.” Agent 3 exclaims.

We all cheer in agreement.

“Awesome!” Mary yells.

We all laugh and Celeste pounds her fist into her hand.

“Alright, where should we go first?” Celeste asks.

We all think for a moment and I smirk.

“What about the new arcade? I haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet.” I suggest, grinning.

Agent 4 nods her head enthusiastically and Ender claps his hands together, delighted.

“I ain’t complaining.” Mary grins.

“Sounds like a plan! Let’s get going!” Bryony cheers.

We all walk out the house and start to go to the arcade. Agent 4 walks over to me and seems unable to contain her excitement.

“I can’t wait to see what kind of games they have! Do you think they have those really big machines! Or maybe tabletop games! Or even those shooter games.” Agent 4 exclaims.

I burst into laughter and smile.

“I don’t know. I can’t wait!” I cheer.

“You pair of geeks.” Agent 3 jokes.

I laugh and Agent 4 hits Agent 3 lightly in the back of the head.

“Just don’t give her coffee and we should be ok.” Agent 8 grins.

Agent 3 groans and Bryony raises an eyebrow.

“You know, Callie mentioned that when we first called her. Can we hear that story?” Bryony asks, curiously.

Agent 3 sighs and Agent 8 looks at her expectantly. Agent 3 rolls her eyes and starts to explain.

“Ok so, me and Agent 8 had left Agent 4 in the house by herself for a while because we had to go get some new clothes and what happened was Agent 4 somehow managed to find the coffee that we kept; it was a full pot of it as well. So me and 8 get back and we see Agent 4 running around the house like crazy and an empty coffee pot on the ground. She drank the entire thing. There wasn't a single speck left. I swear to god she lunged at me at one point and tackled 8 to the ground.”