Chapter 31

K: I said do you want to go the dance with me? The winter formal?

Y: No- no I heard what you said, It's just surprising thats all.

K: So... you wanna go with me?

I really wanted to say no but he looked excited, my body reacts to fast for my mind and I respond with

Y: Yea, I'd love to.

NOOOO WHAT THE F*CK IM YO MIND LISTEN MEE(lol ifykyk) why did I just say that! Why do I do this to myself!

K: Really?? Great, we should start arranging things, the dance is only in three days techinally.

Y: Sounds great.

I put on a fake smile hiding my disappointment on the inside. I walk out keeping up my fake smile. I finally let loose once I get into my car. I look at my rear-view miroir disgusted by the person in it. Why would I do that, no I've just made things a lot harder.

I get home(aka Kiki's house) feeling defeated. Kiki appears in the doorway of the kitchen.

K: How was it.

Y: Not good, I messed up.

I sit on one of the kitchen chairs and let out a long sigh, resting my hands on the kitchen Island.

K: uh oh what happened

She joins me at the kitchen table.

Y: Right when I was about to break the news, he asked me to go the dance with him. And like the idiot I am I said yes.

K: oh... that really was an idiot move.

Y: What?? your supposed to make me feel better!

K: Well I can't lie to you either! What were you thinking! You like Vallyk, and I thought I made it clear that telling the truth is the best option even though it's hard.

Y: I know and I'm sorry.

K: Just promise me you'll talk to him tomorrow.

Y: Fine, I'll try.

K: No. You WILL, right?

I roll my eyes

Y: yes I will

K: ok. Look, its getting late and you have school tomorrow. just sleep on it.

Y: Ok goodnight.

I hug Kiki before walking up the stairs to my room. I start my routine by brushing my teeth. I grab my tooth brush and put on the paste. As I'm brushing my teeth I replay what I said over and over. I'm still disappointed at myself for what I did. What I said.

I do the rest of my routine then hop into my bed with some shorts and tank top on. I watch a little bit of tv before drifting off to sleep.

*Three days until the dance*

I wake up to the light beaming through my blinds, I check my clock and my alarm hasn't even gone off. I roll on my back, groaning and rubbing my eyes.

I decide to get up and get ready for school.

***

Thirty minutes later I get downstairs to the kitchen and Kiki's not down yet. I did wake up early. I go to my pantry and get out some cereal.

I open one of the cupboards to get a bowl out as I close it. As I close the cabinet Kiki comes down the stairs.

K:Hey, your down early.