PREFACE Sophie POV

Sophie's POV

I can't believe it. Some people who were part of the back swan suspected something deep underground that not even the dwarves, who were practically in the ground all the time, couldn't even sense.

The Black Swan never told me or practically anyone about it. It's just, how in the world, would there be something below the ground, that I mean, we haven't discovered it, we the elves, and it just existed there? I mean the scouts of the Black Swan said that it seems to be thousands of years old. Aka, old as Bronte. The elf with pointy ears and who has been alive for thousands of years, even from the sinking of Atlantis?

Yup, that's him alright.

So how could there be a tunnel, well more like a maze, that is spread across the world, and I mean it's literally in every single place in the world.

How would humans that lived thousands of years ago, be able to build something that huge and enormous, without the help of something advanced, or without the help of gnomes or dwarves, be able to build something like that? I mean, we're talking about humans here. Humans. I mean, thousands of years ago, they didn't even know if there were other planets around us or how many days there are in a year.

So how could they build a maze that reaches every single part of the world. I mean humans in modern times wouldn't be able to do that.

Suddenly, I remembered something that was taught to me a long, long time ago.

The labyrinth. The Minotaur. Daedalus. Icarus. King Minos.

I remembered what I saw a year ago. A trident, that monster.

Memories, facts, thoughts, came rushing to my mind, all the stuff that I learned and was taught to me about Greek Mythology. Mythology.

The myths that humans created.

Humans.

Myths.

My mind was quite literally screaming.

The maze underground is the labyrinth that Daedalus created thousands of years ago. The maze that keeps growing to places all over the Earth. The maze that is full of greek monsters, like the minotaur.

The minotaur.

The labyrinth that can't be navigated by anyone, except Daedalus.

And whoever enters, may not exit again.

But they're just stupid myths, right?

Right?