cinnamon

Ava woke up to the sound of pounding against her door. She rolled over onto her side, ignoring the blinding light streaming into her room. The time on the small clock beside her four poster bed answered the question she never got to ask. Why are you knocking on the door?

Before she could even get up out of bed, Margaret swung the door open.

"Bitch you have got to get the fuck up." She said, tossing a plaid skirt towards the bed, "you left this in my dorm last week." Margaret then left the dorm. Leaving a very confused Ava behind. She cold hear Margaret's retreating footsteps back to the common room.

Ava sighed and pulled herself out of bed, shutting the curtains that she had left open the night before. She put on her skirt, and opened the door. Half expecting Draco waiting with a bag of rocks to throw at her. She braced herself for all the things he would call her today. But nothing came. 

As she sat in the great hall, nothing came.

During her first and second classes? Nothing. 

When she was caught passing notes to Elliott in potions class, causing her to lose 20 points for her house? Draco was silent. 

It took her about four days to understand that he didn't have brain damage from the fall. But he just felt bad. She hoped at least. Maybe this could be a fresh start for them. But that didn't come either. It seemed Draco had taken the other option. 

Pretending Ava didn't exist.

Her brain went to several places, even during late night talks on the common room floor with Margaret and Elliott. Maybe he had been embarrassed by Ava's sudden outburst in the great hall. Maybe he had found another target. One thing was certain. He hated Ava now more than ever.

This was especially clear when Ava had dropped her quill in front of Draco. He hadn't stopped talking shit about Ava. Only to her face.

"Slut." Draco coughed out. Ava's face flushed when she turned around. 
"What did you call me?" She asked. Her voice was barely above a whisper. 
Draco rolled his eyes.
"Got a problem?" He asked. Ava clenched her jaw, turning around and walking back to her seat. She tried to hide the tears that came, but she couldn't. And for the second time that year, she got up, and rushed out of class. She wanted to turn around and see if Malfoy was looking at her. But she knew he wouldn't be.