the ghost of our past

Ava walked the halls three weeks later. She couldn't take any more time off class. The teachers knew she was upset about the loss of her sexy best friend, the one with the really perfect ass and charming smile. Wow she was sexy. Ava felt sad, but she knew she had to get over it. So she did.

She opened the door to her Muggle Studies class, and sat down beside Elliott.

"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Fine." Ava lied. Elliott sighed as he opened his textbook, ignoring the professor as the class began another pointless discussion. Draco tapped on Elliotts shoulder.

"Got a quil?" He asked. "I left mine in Potions." Elliott rolled his eyes, rooting through his bag, he pulled out his middle finger. 

"Here." Elliott deadpanned, flipping Draco off.

Draco scoffed and Ava pulled out one from her bag. She handed it to Draco wordlessly. She didn't need to bully him any more than she had the past three weeks. Demanding everybody who had stayed home over the holidays to know why Draco and Margaret were suddenly so close before her death. Ava suddenly got an idea.

"Malfoy." She whispered, turning in her seat. He barely looked at her.

"What?" He sneered. 

"How did you know Margaret?" She asked.

"We were friends."

"But how?"

"Ms. Bowie!" The professor called out. "pay attention please."  Ava clenched her jaw and turned back to the front of the class. 

"Ava just stop." Elliott spoke. "It's going to keep eating away at you. You're never going to know what Margarets game was here." he stalled his words as he spoke. Suddenly his face lit up.

"What?" Ava asked, "What is it?"

"Her ghost." Elliott closed his notebook. "People said they saw her by the black lake, crying in her dress."

"Why didn't you say anything."

"You guys weren't on good terms when she died, I thought you wouldn't want to know." he shrugged. Ava closed her notebook, exiting the classroom before class was dismissed. 

Ava's fast walk turned into a slow jog, and then she was borderline sprinting to the common room. She yanked her coat off of the wall and shrugged it over her masculine shoulders. So strong from all that horseback riding.

She ran past about six students on her way out the door. She almost slipped four times as she made her way down to the black lake. 

And there Margaret was. Mascara streaked down her flushed cheeks. Her dress stood out next to the water. Ava sprinted, almost falling through the snow on several occasions before reaching the dock.

"Margaret?" Ava asked. The ghost turned around.

"Why can't I go home?" The ghost asked.

"What do you mean?" Ava said.

"I try and try, I swim, and I run. But I can never leave."

"Do you think you need to fulfill a purpose before you can go?" Ava suggested. 

"I think I know." Margaret spoke. 

"What do you think it is."

"We need to get your virgin ass laid."