Chapter 23

Focus. Focus. Focus.

You got this.

B/N believes in you too.

He's not indestructible.

Let's do this thing!

I walked out to the arena after that pep talk. It was time for my match against Shu. There was no doubt he was a strong blader. But that didn't mean he couldn't be beaten.

In fact I got a little help from an unexpected person. You see yesterday while I was running here in the training center in bey arena, I ran into Lui.

I was expecting a cold greeting, and although I received his ever present death gaze, he had something to say to me.

"So you're Valt's girlfriend?" he smiled.

"Why do people keep saying that?" I sighed hiding my blush.

"There's no point in hiding it." he offered.

"What do you want?" I said trying to move on the conversation.

"I have to admit, you've grown a lot in such a short time. You and your bey definitely have bonded together." he nodded to B/N. "You know, Free told me about you. He said when you first arrived there was something about your aura. The potential in you, he actually asked me to help you on the left rotation attack part of your bey."

No way! Lui Shirosagi wanted to teach me with my left rotating attack?

Free had taught me how to control the left rotating stamina, Valt helped clockwise attack and Shu helped with clockwise stamina. 

We spent the whole day training to master my power. And by the end of the day, we were ready.

"Okay boys and girls! It's time for the first match of the semi-finals!" the announcer cheered as Shu and I walked out to the stage. "The dark horse of this tournament Y/N will be taking on a favorite Shu Kurenai!" 

I took a deep breath. No need to get nervous, you've earned your spot here.

"This will be first to three points! The winner moves unto the finals! Ready? And set!"

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!" 

We launched, I started in clockwise attack. "Hit him with all you got B/N!" 

Both achieved their hyper-flux, B/N was already in position for an attack similar to a rush launch. 

"Go!" I yelled.

It slammed into Spryzen, I cheered to myself, this was going all according to plan.

"Spryzen! Counter break!" 

Uh oh... I was not prepared for that...

"Crimson Spryzen with a ring out finish, the score is 1-0!"

I clenched my fist. I forgot all about his counter break. I couldn't let me guard down. I took another deep breath. 

I switched to left attack mode. B/N let's do this thing!

"Second battle! Ready? And set!" 

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!" 

We launched for the second time. Crimson Spryzen took the center once again, just as I thought. 

"B/N! Let's hit it with all we've got, B/N launch!"

We crashed into Spryzen once again. This time though, I didn't let him set up for a counter-break. Over and over B/N hit Spryzen. We had this in the bag.