Chapter 25

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!"

"Here we go ladies and gentlemen the finals of the International Blader's Cup!" 

Valt started off with his sprint boost. I decided to go with clockwise attack mode. I wanted to face him on head to head. Unfortunately, it didn't go as I planned as I quickly realized that I was overmatched right away.

"Push him back B/N!" It was no use, with Valt's sprint boost couldn't break through. It would be over, if that was my plan in the first place. 

I let Valtryek push me towards the edge of the stadium. "Easy now, keep holding it!" I waited for the perfect time, "Go!" 

B/N took off causing Valtryek to crash into the wall, slowing it's spin. "We have him now!" I called. 

One attack and it was a 1-0 lead for me.

I grinned at Valt hoping to see a hint of defeat. It was the complete opposite of that. 

"Awesome!" he smiled, "I'm glad you're not holding back! But I'm still going to win!" 

"Bring it on!"

I watched as he went back for his sprint boost. This time I was going to finish it right away! I had my version of nightmare boost ready. B/N was in counterclockwise attack mode. I was going for a burst.

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!" I looked up to see Valt jumping, launching in mid-air!

Valtryek bounced on the stage and took off with crazy speed towards B/N. It was about to plow straight through B/N!

"Get out of the way!" I cried. Not fast enough as Valtryek slammed into B/N. I held my breath as my beyblade barely survived the impact. "We're not done yet!" I tried to set up another attack only to see in horror Valtryek coming in again.

"Let's do this thing partner!" he called. "Wing whip!" Valtryek glowed a golden color. One of the wings on his top glowed bright blue. "Hit it with all you got Valtryek!"

"Dodge it B/N!" 

It didn't move in time. I watched as the wing connected and delivered a huge blow to B/N. I didn't even try to fight reality, B/N had burst.

"2-1 Valt Aoi is in the lead!" 

I took a deep breath. It was now or never. 

I got into my stance for nightmare boost. I had seen Valt do his jump boost. Maybe I'll try it!

"Ready? And set!" 

I took a deep breath as I stood a few feet back. 

"3,"

I set up nightmare boost.

"2," 

I started to sprint forward.

"1," 

I jumped.

"Let it rip!" Valt and I launched at the same height in the air.

"Let's go B/N!" We charged in clashing over and over. Neither bey is giving an inch. "Keep pushing!" 

Everyone was on their feet trying to see which one would stop spinning first. Valt and I weren't going for a survival finish. We were going for the burst!

"Finish it Valtryek! Wing whip!"

"This is it B/N! Just one move and we're the world champions! Go!" I called.