Chapter 10

Y/N's POV 

After another week of training, I was ready to take on Lui. 

I realized when I arrived at the arena that I wasn't the only one to have a match. There were a lot of unknown bladers that battled mainly to keep the crowd hype for the true battle. 

However one battle stood out to me.

"Valt Aoi vs Pheng Hope" 

Valt was gonna battle? In the rankings? 

Valt was battling one of the risen 3! The top 3 bladers that have risen through the rankings, (no pun intended). I hadn't read much on Pheng, but I heard his bey is a defense type called Harmony Pegasus. 

Word on the street has it that when it's wings open, it can heal itself from bursting!

Valt was gonna win though, right? He was a legendary blader for crying out loud! 

I watched nervously as I saw Valt walk to the arena. It was his turn already? 

I got a close look at Pheng and surprisingly he seemed like a nice guy, someone you would want to hang out with. 

They even exchanged smiles before they got set for their battle.

Valt's POV

Pheng Hope was a nice guy. I met him before. Dante introduced me to him. 

Harmony Pegasus is a pretty nice bey. It can heal itself when it's wings are out. But I'll burst it before it gets a chance.

"Ready, and set!"

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!" I launched Valtryek into the arena. 

Pegasus went straight for the center, just like I thought it would.

"Valtryek rush launch!" I yelled.

Valtryek clashed with Pegasus over and over. 

It's defense was stronger than I thought. 

"Pegasus spread your wings and fly!" Pheng called.

Dang it, it's wings popped out. I couldn't let this happen. Valtryek needed to take it out cleanly, but not a burst.

"Valtryek let's hit is with ultra flash launch!" I yelled, Valtryek went at incredible speed around the arena and crashed into Pegasus, sending it out of the arena.

"Sword Valtryek, ring out finish! The score is 1-0" The ref called as the crowd cheered. 

I didn't have time to be all excited, I knew this wasn't the end of Pegasus' power.

"Second battle! Ready, and set!" 

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!" Valtryek launched in the stadium. I may have the lead, but the battle was far from over.

"Valtryek rush launch!" I called as Valtryek rushed in.

"You really think that's going to work twice?" Pheng smiled. "Let's go Pegasus, Feather Storm!" 

"What?" I said confused as Pegasus easily knocked Valtryek away without much force. 

"Valtryek hit it with all you have!" 

"Sorry," Pheng said. "But Valtryek won't even get close." 

No matter how hard we tried, we just couldn't force ourselves in. Valtryek started to run out of steam. 

Suddenly I had an idea. Feather Storm only prevented attacks head on, but from the air, feather storm was totally useless! 

"Valtryek, let's do this, use your hyperflux!" I called out. Valtryek turned into a shining gold color and flew into the air. 

"Let's end this thing! Winged Whip!" Valtryek slashed against Pegasus, which broke through it's defense.

"I won't lose!" Pheng called. "Pegasus, Harmony Thunder!" Pegasus gained a burst of speed and sped towards Valtryek!

"Alright, it's time for everyone to see, Valtryek at full power! Valtryek!!!!!!!" They clashed one more time before Pegasus bursted!

"Burst Finish! Sword Valtryek, Valt Aoi wins by a score of 3-0!" 

The crowd cheered.

"Wow! What a way to return, Valt Aoi has defeated one of the risen 3 Pheng Hope!" The announcer stated.

"Good battle!" I told Pheng.

"Yeah that was pretty fun, let's battle again some other time!" Pheng smiled.

"Sure thing!" I smiled.

I walked off of the stage. I took a breath, that felt good.

A voice called out in the dark room.

"That's you and Valtryek at full strength?" A cold voice called out. Lui. "Don't make me laugh, after I finish off your little friend today, your next!" He laughed evilly as he walked by me.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that Lui." It was my turn to smile. 

He stopped. "She better at least entertain me for a little." His blue hair started flaming, indicating he was becoming serious. Lui headed into the arena.

"I hope Y/N will be okay." I said to myself.

Today's battle sure was going to be a good one.

Alright sorry for not uploading in a while, I'm all done with school so there should be more chapters coming soon thank you!