Chapter 11

Y/N's POV

I walked into the arena feeling confident. B/N and I felt in sync. I had never felt as confident walking into a battle as now. I couldn't wait, I was gonna show that Lui how strong we were!

Valt was counting on me, I knew I couldn't let him down. I needed to win this. For me and for Valt.

"So you didn't run away huh?" Lui laughed at me.

"I'm surprised you didn't run." I replied.

He laughed. "This is your last chance to run. I know your afraid of losing. Especially in front of Valt. Which is why I'm going to crush you!"

"First of all I'm not running anywhere, and second, B/N is gonna be the one to crush you!" I said.

"Sorry, but the future is already decided. And it has decided I'm going to win." 

"You don't know what can happen in a battle until the very end!" I shouted.

"It is your fate to lose to me. And your fate is about to come true." Lui smirked.

"All right let's get this show on the road." The ref said. "First battle! Ready and set!"

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!" I launched B/N into the stadium.

"Let's go B/N!" B/N was in its clockwise attack mode. Even though Lui also had an attack type, I knew B/N was strong enough to take him out.

Suddenly Luinor came out of nowhere! B/N barely dodged the attack. It was fast!

"Take it out in one blow, Zone Slam!" Lui commanded.

Luinor started to glow and glisten. It was hyperflux!

"If you think you're the only one who can do hyperflux, you have another thing coming!"

B/N started to glow as well.

But there was a huge difference in glow, Luinor was much brighter than B/N!

"Only one star can shine the brightest, and it's me!" Lui said. "Crush it! Luinor!"

Luinor slammed into B/N and bursting it. 

"Zone Luinor, burst finish! The score is 2-0!" the ref announced.

The crowd cheered behind me. 

"Is this honestly the best you can do?" Lui laughed.

"You haven't seen anything yet!" I said confidently and a little defensively. 

I was shocked, B/N bursted in one hit!

I knew I was backed up in a corner, but what could I do?

Valt's POV

After that first battle, Lui stared me down smirking a little. 

He seemed to be amused.

He wanted to make Y/N suffer, he wanted to push her to her limit and ultimately crush her...

It could scar her as a blader. And she might even go as far as to quit.

I knew Lui was only doing this to get to me, but he was doing a pretty good job of doing so.

I hope Y/N was gonna be all right.

Y/N's POV

I had to admit I was rocked. Even against Valt I at least stood a chance to withstand the first hit. 

But I can't give up now, I said I was gonna beat Lui, and I will.

Because he's got a counter clockwise spin, if I use B/N's counterclockwise stamina mode, I should be able to set up for a counter.

"Ready! And Set!" 

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!" We launched our beys into the stadium. 

B/N rushed for the center of the stadium.

Lui started laughing. "If you think you can play defensively against Luinor you have another thing coming. Tear it apart!" 

Luinor started pulling off it's own version of a rush launch. 

Luckily I knew what to do, thanks to Valt.

Flashback

"Lui likes to pull off a move similar to the rush launch. He'll use it if you ever stick to defense." Valt explained. "The best way to counter the rush launch is let it hit you a little, then use the momentum to shoot for the outside. Doing this will allow you a chance to set up a counter attack and hit them out of there!" 

We practiced for a long period of time just on that tactic alone. It was to the point where I could do it with my eyes closed. 

Just wait Lui, if you ever use this move your gonna realize your mistake.

End of Flashback

"Hang in there B/N!" I called out. In our training we built up B/N's strength and defense to a whole new level.

I knew the time was right, "You know what to do B/N!" B/N gained more speed and sped off towards Luinor!

"Let's get him! B/N counter!" I said.

It crashed into Luinor and sent it flying!

It wasn't a burst, just a ring out finish. But this would give me the chance to burst him in the third battle.

"How'd you like that Lui?" I said grinning.

He sat there expressionless. I started to feel a little concerned. Then he smiled wickedly.

"Glad to see your not some kind of pushover... but I'm going to tell you right here! I'm gonna burst you in the next battle!"

I felt a boost of confidence. "The only one that's gonna burst is Luinor! We'll make sure of that!"

"Bring it on!"

And we got set for our third battle.

Alright another chapter done, I had been working on this one for a little bit, just haven't gotten around to actually upload it. Thanks so much for reading and I'll see you all next time!