Chapter 18

Y/N's POV

Battle after battle we fought. Going through everyone in our bracket once. I was able to win my first two matches which were against Delta and Pheng.

Valt was able to win his first two matches as well, and her were the standings afterward.

Group A: Valt 1-0, Shu 2-0, Free 1-1, Arman 0-2, Dante 0-2

Group B: Y/N 2-0, Aiger 2-0, Lui 1-0, Delta 0-2, Pheng 0-2

"It's time to announce the third round match-ups! First off in Group A!" the announcer said.

"With a record of 1-0 we have Valt Aoi taking on Shu Kurenai! And Dante Koryu taking on Free De La Hoya!" the crowd roar, however I felt a pit form in my stomach. Shu was really strong, but so was Valt. 

In all honesty either could win. But Shu had more brains than Valt, it didn't take a genius to figure that out. Would Valt try and win through sheer power?

"In Group B we have a huge match between the 2-0 Aiger Akabane and Lui Shirosagi!" the crowd became pumped up just from hearing that.

Aiger laughed, "Looking revenge from the Luinor Cup?"

Lui grinned evily. "We'll just have to see if you're any good..."

"And Delta and Pheng will face off!" I relaxed a bit, I didn't have to battle. I was glad things wouldn't be so intense for me, but I was still worried. Valt and I had promised each other we'd meet at least in the semi finals...

There was a thirty minute break in between so I found the guys and we sat down. Valt had was eating beybread which was just the usual. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked Valt.

"Pretty good, this bey bread is really good!"

"Not about the food you idiot!" I rolled my eyes, "About your match with Shu!"

"Oh! Well I think it's gonna be a good battle!" He grinned before taking another bite.

"Ugh..." I groaned, trying to ask Valt anything was pointless because of how dumb he was.

I ended up giving up and went back to sit down as the matches were about to start. Delta and Pheng battled first with Delta coming out on top. They were both strong bladers but compared to the ones here, it was hard for them to keep up.

After that it was Dante vs Free and Free was able to 2-1 Dante with the stamina Fafnir possessed. And then came the big match that I'd been waiting for. Shu vs Valt...

They both walked out with a look of confidence. The albino looked serious while Valt smiled confidently. When they reached the stadium they looked at each other and smiled.

Then I realized that this would be no ordinary battle. It would be a battle to settle a rivalry that had been boiling for a long time. I took a deep breath, this was really happening.

Valt's POV

This was a grudge match, the battle I've been waiting for a while. I remembered the first time we faced off back at the district tournament where he beat me. Then he beat me again in the jungle and then again in the round robin of the last international bladers cup.

But finally, I beat him, to win the beyblade championship! And now here I was face to face with my friend, the one who inspired me to try harder. Now it was my turn to show him how far I had come.

"First battle!" 

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!" 

The first battle went, well unexpectedly. My initial thought was that he would take the center and counter attack but of course I guessed wrong. Instead he went for a straight attack and bolted right into Valtryek.

The way the rush launch works is that the more it comes into contact, the more momentum it builds up and it grows stronger. When Spryzen charged right out of the gate that sent Valtryek into an unbalance. 

Valtryek started scraping on its side and it didn't look like it would get up. It eventually did but it was spinning extremely slow and unsteady. What was even worse was that Shu was coming back for another attack and I was worried Valtryek wasn't gonna be able to absorb the hit!

Luckily Valtryek stopped right before Spryzen hit, but that meant I was down 1-0.

The next battle I was able to tie it up. I sent Valtryek straight at Spryzen and knocked him into the center. Then Valtryek did his rush launch and was able to wear him down until he stopped spinning. 

1-1

The third battle ended in a tie as both of us clashed into the other sending both out of the ring as a simultaneous ring out finish. 

Still 1-1

The fourth battle I decided to call a move that I'd been saving for later on, 

"VALTRYEK WING WHIP!" Valtryek glowed blue and started to charge towards Spryzen. 

"SPRYZEN CRIMSON BREAK!" Spryzen growed red and came towards Valtryek and they clashed in the middle of the stadium! The crowd held their breath as the smoke cleared. Valtryek was still spinning barely, Spryzen had stopped spinning.

"Valt Aoi wins 2-1!" the referee called. I exhaled, however something about that battle made me feel uneasy. Shu smiled at me, and nodded his head showing that I won fair and square. 

Then I realized something, he didn't use all of his moves! He was saving a special move for later when the battle technically counted. So that meant, there was something I still hadn't seen in this battle!

Shu did have the bigger brain, but to pull of this kind of strategy? What was he a 200iq player?

One thing was for certain though, how confident was he in that move that he decided to wait for later before he used it?

Hello, I'm sorry for not updating in like a month, I've been extremely busy and I've been trying to see how in the world I would continue this story. And after a lot of thought here is the next chapter! Hopefully you all liked it and I'll be releasing the next chapter shortly!