Chapter 13

Y/N's POV

It was almost evening when I decided to do a little exploring out in the woods. I'd always liked the outdoors, but never really had the chance to explore the wilderness growing up in an apartment.

I tried to convince Valt to come with me, considering he would be the one to join me, but I guess he was feeling a little tired because he turned me down. 

It's alright, adventuring on your own makes it more exciting. 

I walked around the surrounding area for a bit. Looking for different places. There was a waterfall on one side and a sort of canyon on another side. 

I walked further and further away. And before I knew it, I came to a sudden realization.

"I'm... lost..." 

By this point it was already dark outside and I couldn't really see anything. The trees started to form shadowy figures that looked a little creepy. 

Everything around me looked the same. It was as though, the trees were slowing getting closer. 

"A-anyone out th-there?" I trembled. Flashbacks started appearing. Yes, I remember it clearly. 

Three years ago...

My parents and I were driving through town one night. Everything was fine, driving down a one way road listening to our favorite radio station. Then all of a sudden, something in the distance appeared. 

We stared at it confused. This was a one way road correct? Why was it coming toward us?

Quickly my dad hit the breaks trying to stop the collision, but it was no use. The car crashed into us. I managed to get out, barely. My parents stayed in the front seats, not moving. We were surrounded by forest, and the trees started crowding over me. 

I was alone.

I hated that feeling. 

Whenever I feel alone, I remember that time. 

Now more than ever. I had no clue where I was, 

"Please!" I cried, "Someone help me!" 

Valt's POV

I started to have second thoughts after seeing Y/N go without me. But she was already too far gone. 

I started getting ready for bed, that was weird, she wasn't back yet.

I decided to venture off a little calling her name.

"Y/N! Y/N? Are you out there?" I called.

No response, I had a weird sense that something was wrong and I grabbed a flash light and ventured out into the night. 

I walked around a little bit, trying to get a sense of the area around me. Even if I did find Y/N, it would be no use if I didn't know where camp was to begin with. 

I walked a little further out into the woods, I heard a waterfall to the left of me. Maybe she went around here. 

Walking a little further, I heard a sound from about two hundred feet away. 

I couldn't make out all of the words, something about please, somebody.

Now at this point, it was about twelve at night. And I was sleep deprived. 

What do I pick, number one, go check out that sound was.

Number two, run away because a creepy voice in the middle of the night just called for somebody.

And you know me being the nice guy decided to go with option number one.

I ran over to the calling voice, and flashed my light in the direction. 

It was Y/N!

"Yo," I said. 

She looked up at me and smiled. "Valt! I'm so happy you found me! I was lost and I couldn't see anything and I just-" 

"Okay, okay, okay, okay, let's go back." I said as I got her off of me. 

"H-hey Valt?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah?" I said.

"U-um, I'm a little scared, can you..." She looked at me expectantly. 

"Uh..." It took me a while to figure out what she was asking. I finally came to. 

"Here." I told her blushing as I held out my hand.

She took it and gripped on tight, causing me to blush even more. 

She held on all the way back to camp.

By the time we got back to the tent, everyone around was already asleep. 

Soon we too fell asleep as we had training the next day...

However I woke up in the middle of the night to adjust my sleeping position, I felt something. 

I glanced over, Y/N's hand was gripping mine tightly.

"Eh?!" I gasped. 

Y/N looked like she was muttering something in her sleep.

"D-don't leave me please..." She said sleepily.

I don't know what was wrong with me but I replied with, "Don't worry, I won't." and drifted back to sleep.

The next time I woke up, it was morning, Y/N was still asleep, I stretched and then realized what kind of position I was in. 

Y/N had been sleeping next to me this entire time!

Quickly I tried to get out before Chris or Free or someone saw this and get the wrong idea.

But it was no use. The second I tried to move the tent zipped.

"Wake up sleepy heads-" Chris stopped and stared at me. 

She dragged me into the woods, gave me a lecture on how to behave even when sleeping next to a girl, and then slapped me about a hundred times. 

"IDOIT, BAKA! I TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE GONNA SLEEP IN A TENT WITH HER, THEN YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE AND MANIPULATE HER INTO DOING WHAT YOU WANT!" Chris screamed at me.

"B-but I didn't-" I couldn't finish as I was slapped once again.

I sighed, this was going to be a long trip.

Y/N's POV

I didn't want to tell Valt this, but I was awake the entire time and was very conscious of what I was doing.

At the time I couldn't help it, I just did what came to mind.

But looking at it know, it still makes me blush everytime...

Alright everyone, here's another chapter that was delayed due to me being lazy. But here you go, hope you enjoy and so peace...