Chapter 24

"Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! It is time for the match you have all been waiting for! The rematch will finally take place! These two have had a long rivalry. Valt took their first meeting with a burst finish, Aiger came back to win the title. Then defeat Valt once again to be our reigning champion!"

"And now, these two will battle it out once again! Can Valt even up the score? Or will Aiger end this grudge match? Answers are next!"

The crowd cheered. In some ways this was the finals right here. At least that's what was on everyone's mind. Except for me, this was just the battle to face me in the finals! And I was going to win!

I was both nervous and excited, my adrenaline was starting to build up. I wanted Valt to win so I could gain my revenge against him. But at the same time I wanted my revenge against Aiger as well.

"UGH WHY CAN'T I FACE BOTH OF THEM?!" I complained.

"Technically if you win the championship, you get to defend that title against challengers. So there's no doubt that Aiger and Valt will challenge you." Toko informed me.

"Just don't lose the title before you do." Nika added.

"That saying, you need to win first." Shu said beside me. "I'm impressed with your strength, but Valt and Aiger may be a step above me right now."

"Are you serious?" I said stunned, "But you are the Shu Kurenai!"

"Doesn't mean I'm the same guy I once was." he smiled softly, "I train people now, the only reason I joined this tournament was for nostalgia and data. I can show my students valuable data."

"Yeah, but you're still ranked fourth in the world after this." I responded.

"Not for long, if I'm inactive, Lui or Free will take that spot right away."

"Well you can be the first person to challenge me when I win the title." I grinned.

"I don't want to take it right away Y/N." he laughed as I pouted.

"Ladies and gentlemen! It is time for the battle! Both are ready to go! Introducing first in the Red Corner! He is the former world champion and currently ranked number 2 in the world! His partner Valtryek and him are inseparable, it's Valt Aoi!"

The door opened and Valt stepped out, he had a face of pure concentration. I've never seen him this focused. True, he had his usual grin on his face, but if you looked closely you could see that he had something planned. His fans cheered for him as he made his walk to the stadium.

"And now! Introducing the world champion! From the Blue Corner! The number one ranked blader in the world, with his bey Achilles! It's the champion Aiger Akabane!"

The crowd cheered as the confident champion stepped out unto the stage. He carried his world title with pride and maybe even to intimidate Valt.

It didn't work. Valt didn't even look at Aiger, maybe as insult, maybe he was concentrating. The battle that he'd been waiting for was about to begin.

"What's the matter Valt? I want you to be at a hundred percent when I beat you today."

"It's funny because I was about to say the same thing."

"Sorry to break it to you, but nobody will ever beat me."

"I did it once, I can do it again."

"I did it twice and I can do it again."

"Then do it."

"Just wait and see."

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!" 

In the first battle Valtryek and Achilles both took off at incredible speeds. Clashing with another fiercely. It didn't look like both were giving it their all. They were sizing each other up, seeing just how powerful the other had become.

"I see you're still as weak as ever." Aiger grinned. "Achilles Unison Breaker!"

It hit.

"Aiger Akabane has the score of 1-0." a ring out finish. 

Valt didn't even bat an eye. He didn't look shocked for a second. "So that's all the power you have then?"

"What the-"

"Sorry to break it to you, but Valtryek wasn't even using any of his strength." a smile started to form on his face. "Now we'll show you true strength."

"If you're trying to bluff, it won't work. We'll just keep coming at you." Aiger said seeming shaken that Valt didn't even care Valtryek was blown away.

"Second battle!" Valt started to step back, further and further. 

"Watch closely Y/N." Shu smiled. "Three years ago, this was the move that brought him to the finals of the national tournament."

"You mean this is an actual move?!"

"This is what he calls the sprint boost." Nika cheered.

"It took him a few weeks to learn it." Toko added.

"3," he started his way forward.

"2," closer and closer he came.

"1," he stopped.

"Let it rip!" 

The momentum sent Valtryek blazing into the stadium. Crashing into the walls over and over again. It seemed like a mislaunch, but on the contrary, it was gaining more and more speed. 

"Valtryek! It's time to show him what we're made of, now!" it slammed into Achilles bursting it on the spot.

"2-1 Valt Aoi is in the lead!"

The third battle played out a lot like the first, except for the fact that Aiger managed to land a Unison Dive and knock Valtryek out. It was now 2-2.

I looked to the right of me, Free was somehow asleep. "Oi! Wake up! This is a really good match!"

He woke up, "But Valt's gonna win anyways so what's the point?"

"Did you not just see? Achilles just knocked Valtryek out of the stadium!" 

"So? Valt obviously has something else planned."

Indeed he did. He landed his sprint boost crashing into Achilles, both not giving an edge. Achilles and Valtryek both glowing gold with their hyper-flux. 

"Let's do it partner! Wing Whip!" 

"Achilles don't give up! Unison Whip!"

They clashed, sparks of blue and red shown around the arena. There was a glow of purple light. Then blue, then light blue."

"Burst finish! With a score of 4-2 Valt Aoi wins the match!"

The crowd went wild. Many people were chanting Valt's name. Aiger grinned and so did Valt. At the end of the day they were still good friends. 

"Incredible! Valt has ended Aiger's undefeated streak for two years now! And now he is moving unto the finals to face Y/N! There will be a new champion this year!"

"And that new champion," I announced, "is going to be me!"

Then I thought about it a little bit, wait... our deal is still on.

Okay because of popular demand I have come out with another chapter for you all! Hope you all enjoyed it! There's only a few more chapters left in this book so thank you for reading until the end!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya