Chapter 20

Before this all begins I just want to apologize for not updating this book in a while :( I'm sorry everyone! Just want to say thank you for reading!

Y/N's POV

Why? Why was I even trying anymore? 

I'm relatively new to the blading community. Of course there's no way I'd beat the world champion. Why'd I even try at this point.

Not to mention why did I even enter this tournament? I wasn't even that skillful of a blader. Everyone could beat me. I still didn't have the connection that Valt and Shu had with their beyblades...

That's when someone touched my shoulder. I turned around, "Shu?" 

"Hey, listen. There's no need to get down on yourself after one loss." he smiled. "Let me tell you a story. There was once a guy who loved blading so much he trained for hours and hours everyday. But he still couldn't land a launch correctly." he began.

"Then one day, he got lucky and by chance made a new move with his beyblade. He then used that move in a tournament and won the first round. And the thing was, he kept winning and winning. Until the semi-finals, where he faced a tough opponent that got in his head." 

"Who?" I asked.

He laughed, "An old friend of mine," he said before continuing on, "He lost battle after battle against him until the official match. That's when he and his beyblade connected for real. Up until that point the young boy only felt anger towards his opponent, but when he was with his bey, nothing could stop them."

"And over time he became a really great blader not through his own strength. But believing and trusting in his beyblade." he smiled. 

"Is this about you?" I asked.

He shook his head, "No, it's about the one guy I believe has the most connection to his beyblade and you know him pretty well."

"Valt?!" I said shocked.

"Yep, he was a terrible blader at the beginning, it hurt watching him try to launch his bey. But over time he just did what he believed would suit him and Valtryek. They figured out their own style of blading. Just like Spryzen and I, Fafnir and Free, Luinor and Lui, Achilles and Aiger. We all have our own style of blading.

"And it'll only take a matter of time before you find your own style of blading." he finished. "I think you should go watch your boyfriend battle now."

"H-he's not my boyfriend!" I protested.

"If you say so!" he laughed again.

Our own style of blading huh? Now that he mentions it, up until this point we were practically doing everything Valt was doing.

"Hey Shu, how do you find your own style of blading?" Iasked.

"That's easy, do whatever B/N wants you to!" 

Whatever B/N wants me to do... I feel like I was starting to understand now!

We entered into the arena once again, as we walked towards the main area where the battles were taking place, B/N started to glow.

"Y/N" a voice said.

I looked around, no one was talking to me. 

I shrugged my shoulders and kept walking.

"Y/N." they repeated. Okay this is freaking scary... I'm gonna get killed here aren't I.

B/N started to shake in my hand, it's glow was brighter than ever before.

"Y/N." It said a third time.

"B-B/N?" I called out.

"Yeah, it took you a while... It is me." Wait isn't he supposed to have a very deep voice and speak very stone cold? "I know you think I should be more mature sounding, but you know I think that's lame..."

"What the-"

Wait come to think of it B/N hasn't really talked... I think he did one time, but I can't remember...

"Anyways, I'm apparently supposed to give you encouragement but I only have to say something to you, IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY THEN STOP BLADING!"

Those words hung in the air for quite a long time... but at the same time it didn't take that long for him to say it.

If you're not gonna take it seriously then stop blading.

"WHAT THE HECK I AM TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY!! YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S BEEN BURSTING A TON LATELY!" I yelled at my bey.

"OH THIS IS MY FAULT?! MAYBE IF YOU PERFECTED THE MOVE THEN WE COULD'VE WON!!!" He scolded back.

"What do you want me to do then?" I asked. "If you're the beyblade god, what do you want me to do?"

"That's an easy answer..." he paused, "Have fun!"

...

"Wait what?" I said very confused.

"Have fun! Or else... I won't battle!" 

"LISTEN HERE YOU'RE GONNA BATTLE WHETHER OR NOT YOU LIKE IT!" I laughed.

And honestly... B/N was right. Was I truly having fun? I think what happened was I was so focused on getting better it was no longer fun.

And I remember Valt told me back at BC Sol back when I started... he said blading is fun, there's no other reason to battle if it's not for fun!

At that moment I truly believed it was true!

Speaking of Valt, he had to go battle Free. Don't lose now cause I want to beat you!

Jesus... it's been a month... I'm sorry guys, I've been busy and I really was trying to think how to continue the story. My bad...

I'll try to update soon... thanks for reading though!

-Kazuya