Chapter 21

Valt's POV

"Valt Aoi wins by burst finish!"

Three to one.

That was the score against Free. I'd beaten him, when he battled seriously. One of the strongest bladers of all time I had just beaten. The former number one blader was now out of the running for the crown.

He had been knocked out of the tournament.

"Good battle Valt," he smiled at me, Free was always a calm guy, and always very humble. But he worked the hardest out of anyone.

"Free, you'll get them next time." I tried to comfort him.

"Don't feel sorry for me," he stretched grinning, "cause the second you let down your guard, you lose." 

I nodded and smiled, "When I win this thing, you're the first person I'll battle with." 

"It's a deal." we shook hands.

The A block was now decided. Shu and I were going to represent group A. It had been a long journey in the round-robin but now there was no need. The top two have been chosen.

"Ladies and gentlemen give it up for the first two in the semi-finals! Shu Kurenai and Valt Aoi!" the crowed cheered as the spotlight flashed on Shu and I. 

Valtryek and I were getting pumped! We were going to win this thing!

"There are now three people left in contention for the B block semi-finals! After Aiger Akabane defeated Y/N L/N today, the standings are now as follows. Aiger leads with a record of 3-0. Lui is 2-0 and Y/N is 2-1! If Lui is able to defeat Aiger tomorrow he moves on to the semi-finals! If Aiger is victorious, Y/N and Lui will battle it out for the final B Block Semi-finals!"

So the stakes were set. Y/N needed Lui to lose tomorrow to Aiger. Kind of hard to tell though, Lui has been very strong and Aiger is the world champion. Who knows who'll win.

We don't have to wait for that answer, "Don't miss it because these possible two matches happen tomorrow! So stay tuned boys and girls!"

Tomorrow was coming, the question is, did we want it to come sooner or later?

Y/N's POV

"WE'RE GONNA WINNNNNNNNNN!!!!" I yelled taking off. 

Valt ran along beside me, "YOU REALIZE YOU NEED LUI TO LOSE RIGHT???" He also yelled.

"KEEP IT DOWNNNNNN!!!!" Shu yelled running passed us. 

"YOU'RE JUST AS LOUD AS WE AREEEEEEEE!!!" I yelled back.

"Can you guys like lower your volume?" Free said calmly running past us and Shu.

"YOU'RE NOT GONNA WIN!" Valt yelled picking up the pace. We all sprinted towards Valt's house. There was only one thing on our minds, and for once it wasn't beyblade. 

"FIRST!" We yelled bursting through the doors. 

"What are you talking about? I'm already eating." Free said digging into the feast being prepared.

"B-b-but you were just with us..." I said very confused.

"No fair! Free took the biggest piece of Beybread!" Valt complained.

Toko and Nika came soon after and we all sat down to eat. 

"Thanks for the food!" we all chimed digging in.

In between bites Valt started talking, "You realize Lui needs to lose tomorrow..." he said almost chocking.

"Wait but if Lui wins, then I beat Lui wouldn't it be a three way tie?" I asked.

"That's true," Shu commented, "but the thing is it'll be based on number one, how many points you've scored and how many points have you given up." 

I hung my head, Free joined in, "What he means is that Lui hasn't lost a point yet and neither has Aiger, meanwhile you have lost, well a lot." he grabbed another piece of bread.

"Wait, so you're saying I actually need Lui to lose?" I panicked. "What if he wins?!" 

"Then I'm afraid you're knocked out of the tournament." Shu said, "But the last time Aiger and Lui faced each other Aiger won. Though it was 3-2... I guess it'll be who can land the burst first."

"Considering the match is first to two, they'll go at it form the beginning." Valt stuffed his face with more bread.

"Yeah, but we know Aiger can get careless at times," Toko added.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, when Aiger first became champ, he lost his very first title defense, and then proceeded to lose a ton of other battles. Now, he hasn't lost, but he also hasn't battled a really challenging opponent like Lui." Nika explained.

"I'm a challenging opponent!" I protested.

"You lost three to nothing, I don't see much challenge there." Free stated.

"Well- that may be true but he can't beat me again!" I said confidently.

"We'll just have to see tomorrow, there's nothing else we can do." Shu nodded getting up, "Thanks for the meal. Come on Free, it's late and I'm pretty tired."

"You're acting like you battled today..." Free also got up. They said their goodbyes for the night.

"You shouldn't worry about Aiger too much, if he beats Lui you should be focusing on Luinor and it's powerful movements." Toko showed me his tablet.

"Luinor will always win in a head on clash of sheer power. The counter-clockwise spin that it has gives it more of an edge against clockwise beys." Nika offered.

"So how do you beat it?" I said studying.

"Since B/N is also a left-rotating bey, it can cancel the power advantage of Luinor by going with it's own powerful attack." Nika told me.

"And Zone Luinor's main weakness is it's stamina. If you hit it enough times it'll stop, it also has a huge lack in defense so it is possible you can burst it." Toko pointed to a spot on Luinor.

"Be careful though, Lui is very aware that Luinor is weak in those departments so he knows how to protect his bey. If you hit him too many times he'll use that momentum and strike back." Nika warned.

"Got it!" I smiled, "Thanks guys!" 

"Yep!" they grinned happily, "Glad we could help!"

Tomorrow was the big day, was I ready? I needed to find a way to beat Lui and fast. Hopefully Aiger can win this match. Otherwise it'll all be for nothing!

Hello everyone! It's almost Christmas break! I may be able to upload sometime over the break but just in case... Happy Holidays!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya