𝒯𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝒽𝓇ℯℯ

"Retiring? Does that mean Tengen is unable to fight?" Tomorrow came, and instead of a good morning's wake you are greeted with a news of another pillar being called out of the battle grounds.

It is said that he lost an eye and an arm, while the trio and Nezuko once again returned in a bad shape. Is there a time that the Kamaboko trio came back uninjured? You don't remember a thing such as that.

"I should've came with that rescue mission." You are irritated, the breakfast in front of you untouched as you paced from the dining room— the wood creaking with each step.

Of course you knew being a pillar and hiding undercover is pure bullshit. Demons can sense you clearly, and despite dressing 'plainly', you can still attract attention from your energy.

But if only you had joined, then Tengen wouldn't lose an arm and an eye. You regretted that one day of happiness you experienced, maybe happiness isn't for slayers like you after all.

You sighed deeply, it's time to make a move faster. Ubuyashiki is growing weak in a rapid rate, frankly he hadn't have much time left making your worry grow with each passing day.

Now that Upper Moon Six is out of the charts, there are still 5 of them and Muzan. Sooner or later that damn bastard would send a moon or two where you all wouldn't expect the most.

You forgot that you are speaking right now with a kakushi tasked to send you a letter, hurriedly dismissing her with a hand gesture. In this difficult times you can't help but see, that love is just a hindrance to everything.

If you are not distracted by it, if only you are not blinded by it, if only you didn't pine for him in the first place— you could've focus more.

You should listen to your brain more, now that your heart is seemingly leading you to a wrong direction. No more dilly-dallying, you are a Snow Pillar, he is a pillar as well, and there is no such thing as love between pillars.

..

The days continued like normal, but with less interactions and more concentration. You still visited the trio, bringing them nutritional foods or whatnot.

You heard about the next attack soon after, with Tokito and Kanroji on the scene and surprisingly you heard about them defeating two more moons.

Relief washed over you, but sadly the swordsman village ended up taking a lot of damage and have to move places.

What's more better is that the younger Kamado conquered the sun, but the downside of that is Muzan will finally prepare for the final battle.

You are currently in a meeting, with other pillars by your side minus the retired Sound and the late Flame Pillar. All of them are talking about a certain mark, and after Mitsuri's "explanation" well you still have no idea what it is.

You still gave her an A for effort though.

An increase in the body temperature, where blood flows faster causing your movements to increase speed and power as well. A training will be held with pillars serving as guides in the upcoming battle.

There are no demons in sight, meaning they have been preparing as well— that's the only explanation for that.

You sighed, knowing that you'll be dealing with a lot of lower-ranking slayers soon enough. They reminded you of where you came from, what your struggles are and how fragile you are at that time.

Unlike other pillars, you work on the foot of a mountain that is shivering cold— helping your breathing techniques to be enhanced further. You will hold your training in the same place, with several slayers withstanding the dreaded cold while doing sword techniques or their own preferred breath style.

"Ara~ good to see you here [Name]-san." You went inside the Butterfly Estate, ready to get some necessary ointments and healing items needed for the training.

"Hey." You replied dryly, giving Shinobu a wave and her smile fell down a little.

"Hmm? What's with the attitude? Are you sad that you haven't faced any upper moons yet?"

"Kind of. I don't know honestly.." you looked down, despite the hype for the upcoming battle with Muzan and the few remaining moons, you still can't help but feel worried— as if something bad is going to happen.

"We are all afraid in this [Name]-san, it's not just you, everyone fears for their lives as well." Shinobu's tone changed, her mood not necessarily mad but somehow gave you the boost you needed.

She is right, everyone feels the same way that you do. Angry, frustrated, anxious, you name it.

All you need is to be strong, not only for yourself, but for everyone who needs your strength. You wanted for this to end, and it's time that no one should suffer more than all of you did.

"You're right. I'll be taking this medicine with me Shinobu, thank you."

..

Short chapter cause I'm busy and in the middle of writet's block, sorry about that :( anyways your strength is lower than Mitsuri's but higher than Muichiro's!!