𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮: 𝓗𝓲𝓼 𝓟𝓸𝓿

Despite the strong surge of andrenaline inside his body— Sanemi could not help but glance at your severely wounded body laying limp.

He already lost too much, Genya, his other siblings, his mother which stained his hands, and his father even though he did not treat Sanemi and his siblings well.

The pain of the past welled deep inside his heart, unforgettable and painful. He could not forget the way you are almost limping while facing Muzan, your face distorting in different reactions but mostly fear.

Sanemi did not like the way the both of you got separated, he can't forget how hard he gripped your hand just not to lose you. Despite his animalistic nature of having "fun" while fighting demons, he never liked when he fought the 1st Upper Moon.

On that fight he lost his young and remaining brother.

He felt powerless, useless, for letting everyone he loved and cherished slip away from his arms that easy. Even the painful screams did not do anything to lessen the bitter sting inside his heart.

All the effort he spent just to drove Genya away is useless. If he knew it was useless he should have treated him better, made him stronger and raise him himself.

Instead he became desperate, temper uncontrolled and all over the place if not for your kind interactions. Sanemi wished days like hanging out with Sora lasted forever— seeing you in normal clothing and unarmed for once made his heart soften even more if that's possible.

If only he is closer he could've saved you, if only Tomioka is goddamn faster he could have deflected the attack and save your life. But honestly, Sanemi didn't know who to blame at this point.

He can feel it, the gaping hole in his heart.

"Get a fucking medic now!" He ushered the remaining slayers to take your body somewhere safe while fighting the merciless demon in front of him. It seems to him like the slayers are taking their sweet time but un reality they are doing the best they can as well.

"Oi are you even listening?! I said she needs a fucking medic!"

"Shinazugawa stop it, Hajime would not like it if you would keep being distracted. Right now what we need to do is defeat Muzan." Tomioka, despite his stoic nature, finally decided it is the last straw.

...

Tanjiro finally went back to normal, everyone is cheering to finally see Muzan disappear for good.

Sanemi did not pay attention to any of the smiles and cheery faces. After the fight he quickly ran up to the post where you are, seeing you barely conscious made his heart swell with delight and hopefulness.

"S-sanemi?" Your voice is barely a whisper, weak and cold. He can see every wound has gotten out of hand, you have lost a lot of blood.

"Please.. hold me." You cried, hot tears spilling from the corner of your eye. The wind pillar wasted no time in putting your limp body close to him, his calloused and rough hands holding you as if you are made of glass.

He can't help but cry as well, a moment of weakness managed to tore a wrecked sob from him, the last straw of hope gradually fading.

"I thought after this, I can finally say what I feel about you." Your [eye color] eyes lost its shine, leaving a dull dark color that he did not like. At this point your senses are shutting down one after another, your vision is gone, and time is running out— faster than an hour glass.

"Shh [Name] don't say any thing like that—"

"I'm dying okay? Let me speak." You stuttered, choking on your own tears as you clutched his blood-stained uniform. You hate this as much as he does, but what can you do?

"I remember it clearly. The way you held me after I lost control back then, I am embarrassed because you met me that way. I.. I hate how I wanted to be held like that by you again!" You despise the way your face scrunched up in agony and pain of you leaving him.

"I wish I can still be by your side. I wish we can grow old together, am I that selfish?" You asked, feeling his hands snake up your waist and hoist you up. You felt him pull you into a hug, warmth radiating comfort from his body.

"You are not selfish [Name].." Uncharacteristically, he whispered for you to hear. He smoothed the small of your back, gently caressing it every now and then.

"I want to live longer you know? I love you so much Sanemi, more than anyone, more than anything." You sobbed, breathing heavily to keep going.

"If the Gods did not forbid us in this life, please keep looking for me in the next one."

"Don't worry. Even if we have a thousand lives, I'll find you in each one. Again and again." He said, gripping you tighter and finally pulling you into a kiss.

All you felt was bliss, his surprisingly soft lips crashed to your plump once softly. Blood, sweat and tears aside, you relished this very moment— feeling the soft tousles of his white hair and his muscular body.

It was soft, it was sweet, it was everything you needed.

"I love you."

Sanemi pulled away while speaking, and after that you draw one final breath, leaving him and his side with a smile.

You swear you can see once again, you can see his tear-stained face, with dried blood on one side of his face and the beautiful scars decorating it.

He is your everything, and if the Gods will finally allow you— you hoped he will find you in the next life.

...

Sanemi knew that in that moment, your body had gone cold. The hands holding his uniform finally gave up, even with your sweet smile he still could not believe you are gone. Your eyes shut close, your tense stature falling to relaxation as your soul had left your weakening body.

"No! Come back to me [Name], can you hear me? I know you could, please God don't take her away from me!" He screamed agonizingly, the kakushis and slayers wincing as they had witnessed the sight.

They know Shinazugawa Sanemi as someone whose feelings is composed of killing and no one else. No one had seen the terrifying Wind Pillar break down into tears and clutch his lover desperately, their heart aching as they watched.

They won't even try to pry your cold body away from him, that would be the same as asking for death.

"Wake up [Name]! Wake the fuck up! How about your kakushis? How about Sora?!" Sanemi asked again and again, hugging you closely with your head on his shoulder.

He lost everything, it almost felt like he died.

His heart died with you, and the next chance is to find you in the next life.

..

Angst? Angst.

Don't worry dear readers, this story had just begun.